Click Here

2.8e lens and dial issue

Ask for and/or share repair advice. Maybe you miss a small part , ask for it here and someone may turn up with that rare missing shuttertriggerknobeyewasherscrew.... or so :-)
Tell us your Rollei repairers addresses. Every now and agian we will copy submitted adresses into the repairers database.

2.8e lens and dial issue

Postby slippy71 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:21 am

(I am reposting this in this forum because it belongs here)

I recently bought a Rolleiflex 2.8e from Igor's Camera Exchange online. When the camera arrived, I found the lens to be a bit dirty, perhaps even fungus infected (the seller promised the camera was "EX++" - go figure). So, I took it to over Gord at Commercial Camera Repair in Toronto to get the lens cleaned. After a few days, I got a call from him informing me that he couldn't get the taking lens apart for cleaning. When I came to pick it up I was in shock. His effort to dismantle the lens resulted in loosening a greenish residue which now sits in between my lens. It almost looks as if he forced the lens elements themselves to rub hard enough against each other to cause chipping. Is this normal? Could the lens have seized to the point that it is impossible to dismantle? Have you heard of anything like this before? Any solutions?

Where could I get a replacement lens (the front grouping) for a 2.8e planar? I know--it's probably impossible. Any ideas?

Second issue. The time exposure ring is very hard to turn, while the aperture ring turns smoothly. Any solutions (besides sending it to get CLA'd) to this problem? (of course, this is minor compared to the lens).

Aside from that, I absolutely love this camera and would be happy if I could fix the lens.

Thanks for your help.

-Peter
slippy71
New here

Return to Repair