Click Here

6008 AF with Pocket Wizards???

Maybe you designed an unique way to store or transport a camera. Or you designed a handy tool or gadget to fix a camera. Or you want to share how you overcame a certain camera problem. Maybe you found a new way of cleaning the lens.
You get the idea: share that very special experience here.

6008 AF with Pocket Wizards???

Postby shazzam » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 am

Hi All,

I've just fallen into a Rollei 6008 with a 120 back.

I'm just wondering if I can use it with some of my more modern equipment? Specifically I'm looking to use my Pocket Wizard TT1/TT5 system with it. I wanted to ask before trying it just in case there are voltage differences that don't play well together?

I've also got a set of CyberSyncs although I think there's likely not much difference to my Rollei.

Anybody able to confirm that I can use my radio triggers safely without either blowing the camera or the triggers?

Thanks!
shazzam
New here

Re: 6008 AF with Pocket Wizards???

Postby rolleiclubleader » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 am

Regarding voltage incompatibility I do not see a problem. The 6008 is an old style X sync and can handle studio flash systems , ergo : any system. opposite to modern digital cameras that can get fried by such high voltage triggering.
The 6008 itself does not generate any voltage in the x sync so your pocket wizard should be safe to. All that remains is if the pocket wizard transmits all contacts of the 6008 , if all you need is an X sync and no TTL it should not be a problem at all. If buying in a shop : just take the camera and test.
Please let us know about your experiences.
Thx.
Jacob
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Re: 6008 AF with Pocket Wizards???

Postby shazzam » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 am

Thanks Jacob - I'll go ahead and give it a try and let you know.

Cheers,
shayne

www.shaynegray.com
shazzam
New here

Return to General Camera advice