Click Here

3.5 Tessar issue. Advice?

Maybe you designed an unique way to store or transport a camera. Or you designed a handy tool or gadget to fix a camera. Or you want to share how you overcame a certain camera problem. Maybe you found a new way of cleaning the lens.
You get the idea: share that very special experience here.

3.5 Tessar issue. Advice?

Postby chood73 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 am

Hello everyone. I have a Rolleiflex 3.5 Tessar question. The search for the solution to my problem has led me here in hopes of finding someone with an idea.

I bought my camera from KEH about a month ago and have put about 10 rolls through it.

It seems the lens is either bad or just out of alignment. The images come out with a small area just off center that is in focus and all around the frame is out. It doesn't seem to be front or back focus because the focal point isn't a "plane".

Depending on the subject, it looks great, however, portraits are terrible. If you center a person, their mid-section is in focus and their head and feet are out. I am including some photos with this post.

Looking at these, do you think I can have it fixed, or is it just a lens anomaly and I will have to use it as an "artistic" camera?

P.S.
This occurs at all aperture settings.

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
Slight observation of problem, but subject matter hides a little, notice top of cross is out.
Different subject matter hides problem
portrait showing anomaly.
chood73
New here

Re: 3.5 Tessar issue. Advice?

Postby DPurdy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am

It shouldn't be that way. Something must be internally wrong with the lens.. or perhaps someone has been swapping out elements or something. I would see if KEH will take it back.

Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to General Camera advice