Click Here

Question about an unknown Rollei correction filter

Maybe you designed an unique way to store or transport a camera. Or you designed a handy tool or gadget to fix a camera. Or you want to share how you overcame a certain camera problem. Maybe you found a new way of cleaning the lens.
You get the idea: share that very special experience here.

Question about an unknown Rollei correction filter

Postby euphras » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 am

Hello everybody! I´m new to this forum. I have a question about some strange "filter", i found within a SL 2000 F system i got my hands on some years ago. It seems to serve as some kind of correction device for a handheld meter or such. Does anybody know to what kind of device this filter belongs to? This is how it looks like:

Best regards![/img]
euphras
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:18 am

Try finding a Rollei E34C flash and see if it will fit in front of the "magic eye" (In case it does not fit try E60, R66 and E36RE).
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby euphras » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:33 am

Hello Jan,

thanks for the advice! I´m looking for a diffusor for my 2,8F Do you think this correction filter is worth to be regarded as swapable with the diffusor?
euphras
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:07 am

One single fool is all that is needed to complete the transaction ;-)

Some time ago some guy offered your filter to me "new in plastic bag with silver cardboard flap" for 50,- Euro "it's raaaaaare!!!" ... at another occasion several were included in a pile of junk (next to 1,-Euro for the entire lot).

The diffusor? goes for just about the same prices ;-) but in my opinion a "buyer's price" for the diffusor should be 15,- and 2,- for the rather useless E 34 C accessory ... I know several people shooting Rollei TLRs with built in meter, but nobody with a functionig E 34 C, not to mention anybody actually using the E 34 C. But this is just my personal opinion!
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby euphras » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:11 am

OK, Jan, i get the picture. :wink:
euphras
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to General Camera advice