Click Here

question re: loading of film

Tell what you expect of the Rolleiclub on the www. This helps us with site development.
Use the appropriate category. Often we notice camera discussions in the wrong category. Assisting to do so keeps the forum more transparent to visitors searching a specific topic.

question re: loading of film

Postby stefanophoto » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 am

Hello,
Am new to Club
Just purchased a used f2.8 Xenotar 6X6 Rolleiflex. I have 40 plus rolls of 120 TX in the freezer, so I figure it was time to use them up.
Sadly I forgot how to load the film in one of these. That is to say I forgot on where to set up the arrow on the film paperback, where to I line it up to?

Thanks
stefanophoto
New here

Re: question re: loading of film

Postby DPurdy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:20 am

Your camera has to be one with the auto load function. You can search you and find short tutorials but I will try to explain. Right above the place you put in the new roll of film is a roller. Your leader must go under that first roller and then pull it over the other rollers to the take up spool and insert the leader in the take up spool as normal. Start the winding just a bit to make sure it going to take up as it should and then close the back. If your camera is working properly you should be able to wind the film with the arm until it stops at frame one automatically. That first roller you put the leader under is supposed to sense the tape on the film and know when to stop. That sensor roller can go out of adjustment so it doesn't sense the tape and then you will roll the film all the way through without it ever stopping for frame one. Some modern films... specifically Fuji films have very thin tape and can be too thin to trip the sensor.
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby DPurdy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:23 am

Well I don't see an edit button but I meant to say you can search you tube for the tutorial. Also I meant to say that as you have a camera with a 2.8 Xenotar it has to have that auto function... as they all do.
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby jack advert » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:59 pm

That first roller you put the leader under is supposed to sense the tape on the film and know when to stop.
sidd
jack advert
New here

Return to RolleiClub discussion