Click Here

Rollei SL66 with Phase One P25 Digital back

The SL66 has it's own website: www.sl66.com. Made by your's only... 100% part of the RolleiClub but separate to visit. </br>A tribute to former RolleiClub and SL66 webmaster Mark Meijer.</br>
The users and visitors of www.SL66.com are invited to join this forum, so we keep all RolleiClub forum users in one place instead of spread over two separate forums.

Rollei SL66 with Phase One P25 Digital back

Postby rux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:01 am

Recently, I made an adapter that allows me to attach my Phase One P25 Digital back (that was made for the Hasselblad V camera) onto my Rollei SL66 camera body. With some small modification to my Phase One P25 back and almost no modification to my SL66 body, I can hold the digital back in place. The sensor of the Phase One P25 back can be placed just inside the film opening of the SL66 body, thus allowing a full use of the sensor (37mm x 49mm), although the sensor had to be located slightly off center of the lens axis. I suspect that the amount of the offset might create some degradation of the picture, but it seems small price to pay for the ability to use all lenses and virtually all attachments in my Rollei SL66 collection.

I will post a few pictures to demonstrate the set up I described above. I am happy to share all the information about the adapter with any member who is interested. I hope the idea would allow us SL66 fans to enjoy our camera system and perhaps we can use it more and make more pictures...
rux
Serious member

Re: Rollei SL66 with Phase One P25 Digital back

Postby rux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:05 am

MY Rollei SL66E body with the Phase One Digital Back attached.
Attachments
rux
Serious member

Postby rux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 am

Another view of the set up from the back.
Attachments
rux
Serious member

Postby rux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 am

A view of the left side that shows the "wake up" button that wakes up the P25 digital back right before we fires off the shot.
Attachments
rux
Serious member

Return to SL66