Click Here

SL66 failures

The SL66 has it's own website: www.sl66.com. Made by your's only... 100% part of the RolleiClub but separate to visit. </br>A tribute to former RolleiClub and SL66 webmaster Mark Meijer.</br>
The users and visitors of www.SL66.com are invited to join this forum, so we keep all RolleiClub forum users in one place instead of spread over two separate forums.

SL66 failures

Postby tennjed » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:03 am

It has been a while since I visited the forum. Recently I have started using my Rolleicord V and hand developing film. I am hooked.

For a while now I have been considering buying an SL66 but am somewhat nervous about future use of the camera. I know Rollei is pretty much a thing of the past now, and have verified that there are still some folks that are able to service the camera......if parts are available.

My question:

When an SL66 fails, and requires service, is it generally because something is out of adjustment, or because something has broken and will need to be replaced. The former does not bother me too much, the latter has me concerned. The possibility of occasional costly repairs does not concern me enough to give up the idea of owning an SL66. The likelihood that the thing can't be repaired- due to no available parts- does bother me.
tennjed
New here

Re: SL66 failures

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:55 am

The "usual" failures?

Forcing the magazin onto an uncocked camera (bent part, may be straightend, maybe needs repalcement)
Gummed up lubricants (non-use, needs cla)
Dropping the camera (needs new parts, maybe a problem)
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to SL66