Click Here

rubber EyeCup replacement

The SL66 has it's own website: www.sl66.com. Made by your's only... 100% part of the RolleiClub but separate to visit. </br>A tribute to former RolleiClub and SL66 webmaster Mark Meijer.</br>
The users and visitors of www.SL66.com are invited to join this forum, so we keep all RolleiClub forum users in one place instead of spread over two separate forums.

rubber EyeCup replacement

Postby cmug » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:05 am

I have an 45 degree prisma for my SL66. The rubber EyeCup is worn out. Replace by an Rollei EyeCup ‘ll be very difficult an very expensive. But I think there is another that ‘ll fit. Is there an Chinese or Nikon, that ‘ll fit ?
I see lot’s of eyecups < €15,- on ebay etc. but no sizes.
The Rollei EyeCup is circa 15 mm Heigh, 45 diameter maximum and mount size circa 30 mm threat,
Nikon DK-19 looks similar but does it fit ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x48H9Bg2CpU
cmug
Serious member

Re: rubber EyeCup replacement

Postby DPurdy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:33 am

I have Nikons and a Pentax 67 which use the same size eye cup. The thread size for that is a bit too small for the 90º prism for my 2.8 FX. I don't have a SL66 Rollei and I don't have the 45º prism but I think it likely they are the same size eye cup.
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby cmug » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:24 am

Several years ago i owned an Fuji 690. These camera use same eyecup size as an Nikon FM (etc) . So it's no rare thinking that an other brand 'll fit on an Rollei. If anyone have experience with eyecup on SL66 45 prism, I'am happy to hear that.
And I can also ask sellers on ebay to use there Vernier caliper to measure the sizes of the eyecup they sell
But experience from other users is still a better source I think.
cmug
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:21 am

I wrote to Eric at Rollei USA and he says that the eye piece for the SLR Rollei prisms is the same size as the eye pieces for the TLR prism. So that being the case, the fact is that the Nikon eye piece does not fit the Rollei prism
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby cmug » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:16 am

Just tried Nikon DK-19. That eyecup has to small diameter. Does not fit.
cmug
Serious member

Return to SL66