Click Here

sl66 shutter

The SL66 has it's own website: www.sl66.com. Made by your's only... 100% part of the RolleiClub but separate to visit. </br>A tribute to former RolleiClub and SL66 webmaster Mark Meijer.</br>
The users and visitors of www.SL66.com are invited to join this forum, so we keep all RolleiClub forum users in one place instead of spread over two separate forums.

sl66 shutter

Postby kuri » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Hello there,

after searching for quite some time I eventually got me a sl66 that seems to be in a rather good condition. What strikes me about that camera is the absolutely magnificent build quality and the literal bang for the buck ;) I have had other rollei tlrs and a 35mm slr but that brick here is just fantastic.

Though, otherwise working like a charm, I noticed that my sl66 does, at the speeds of 1/30 and 1/60s only, make some noises after releasing the shutter. Like a spring recoiling for a second or so. Imagine a hairpin dropping on a metal surface. Only oh so very slightly. At 15 or 125 there's nothing like that. Is that fine? Do yours make that sounds, too?

Of course this could be perfectly normal, but I thought I might just ask. :)
Shuttertimes seem run fine.

Thanks in advance,
cheers
kuri
New here

Postby slixtiesix » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Kuri,
I took my SL66 out to examine this and I can confirm that 1/30 and 1/60 do indeed sound different. There is this slightly echoing metallic noise during the end of the release cycle. 1/15 and 1/125 do not show this. I never realized this before :o
My camera had been serviced recently so dont´t worry, everything is pretty normal. It is attributed to the purely mechanical character of the shutter that you can hear the springs working :wink:
Enjoy your new camera!
Best Regards, Benjamin
slixtiesix
Respected member

Postby kuri » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:51 am

Good to know everything is in order, thanks :)
Although my magazine seems to wind a little more than it actually should, effectively exposing frames 4 to 16 .. guess that needs some fixing :?
Thanks again, cheers
kuri
New here

Return to SL66