Click Here

ADAPTER TO USE ROLLEI SL66 BAY VI LENSES ON A NIKON D200?

The SL66 has it's own website: www.sl66.com. Made by your's only... 100% part of the RolleiClub but separate to visit. </br>A tribute to former RolleiClub and SL66 webmaster Mark Meijer.</br>
The users and visitors of www.SL66.com are invited to join this forum, so we keep all RolleiClub forum users in one place instead of spread over two separate forums.

ADAPTER TO USE ROLLEI SL66 BAY VI LENSES ON A NIKON D200?

Postby sl66alonso » Mon May 24, 2010 2:05 am

Hi guys,
first of all thank you for reading this and for your answers about this question if you have. I have the Zeiss lenses 30mm, 50mm, 80mm, 120mm, 150mm and 250mm for my SL66.
I thought that maybe some of you know where to find an adapter ring, if it exist to use those Rollei SL66 lenses on a Nikon D200 or D700. It could be fantastic to have that ring, though I prefer my SL66.
Maybe someone of you knows if this is possible or not and where to find those adapters.
Thank you everybody for reading, I'm waiting for your answers and...
up Rollei SL66 System!
Regards,

F. Alonso
sl66alonso
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 am

Once upon a time ... there was an adapter to use SL 66 lenses on 35mm SLR Rolleis ... in case you can find one, maybe it may be modified to Nikon F. In order to fit Canon EOS a second adapter would be readily available.

In any case your (solution B scratch built) adapter will need something to allow focusing ... helicoid or bellows. 11mm or more yould be nice to have.

Jan
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby sl66alonso » Tue May 25, 2010 6:52 am

Thank you for the information... I don't know if it will be easy to find that adapter to use SL66 on 35 SLR bodies.
and anyway... i wonder if those 11mm or more to focuse will give a proper image from a nikon digital body viewer.
I'd like to know if I can make this experiment) the glorious zeiss lenses on a digital nikon.
Regards
sl66alonso
Respected member

Postby sl66alonso » Wed May 26, 2010 5:44 am

Hi again, in my investigation I see that it's easy to find adapters to canon, does anyone knows if it's possible to modificate that canon adapter into nikon bayonet?
thanks to all really
sl66alonso
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Wed May 26, 2010 6:37 am

Nope, due to the lens register ("Auflagemaß") (and meaybe even due to diameter) it won't work (to converte EOS to Nikon).

The 11mm will work to your DSLR just like with any other camera. Just get everything built/adjustet in such a way that with the smallest extension focus is set to infinity.

Hmh, why not gent an old Nikon bellows-unit and some SL 66 extension ring and do some "hacking"?
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby sl66alonso » Wed May 26, 2010 6:51 am

what I have is a bellows unit for the Rollei SL66.
and what i found is an Aico Auto Bellows Nikon Lens & body adapter set... I don't really know if this can work here or I should look for a normal bellows system.
another doubt is if the old nikon's bayonet are the same than the digital nikon's bayonet.
It's a pleasure to get so much information that I could not get on my own, thank you very much.
I believe that there must be a physical way to adapt Rollei SL66 lenses to digital nikon body, hope to get it soon :)
ANYWAY, the Rollei SL66 body is a beast with its lenses, it's my best camera by now.
sl66alonso
Respected member

Postby fuwen » Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 am

I have a SL66-mamiya654 and mamiya645-m42 adaptor. Normally people use a pentax helicoil for making the adaptor, but it costs quite a bit.

http://www.fuwen.net/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=145
Contax RTS III / Aria - Rolleiflex 3003 / SL66 - Rollei 35 RF / Voigtlander R4M // Zeiss T* / HFT / ZM
fuwen
Highly respected member

Return to SL66