Click Here

help me choose my next slide projector

When I was about 14 years of age my dad bought a new slide projector, that is some 40 odd years ago, it was a Rollei made by Franke and Heidecke, the projector is still functional and still in the family! F & H is about the last company today that stll makes high quality projectors. As requested by one forum member , this forum is more than appropriate !

help me choose my next slide projector

Postby chri » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:17 pm

I'm going to invest some money in my new slide projector (only for 35mm format). Since the cost is quite cheap now, I'll choose one of the excellent "twins", but I'm a bit puzzled about the different versions available in the used market.

There are many 2x150W models available: MSC 300, MSC 300 P, MSC 310, MSC 320, and a couple that are much more expensive and over my budget. I googled a lot, but without results. Could you summarize the most important differences among all these versions together with you personal experience (if any)?

Thank you in advance!

Chri
chri
New here

Re: help me choose my next slide projector

Postby sniedermair » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:50 am

Hi Chri,
first of all, determine if you have 220V/50Hz or 110/60Hz in your country. This is important, since the latter Voltage may restrict the availability of those projectors and not all of them can be switched to this voltage. The next question is if there is anybody nearby who can repair them. They are not as simple as a Leica P600.
The next problem is: are you ready to buy two of them? Once you get the hang of the many possibilities and features, you want to get deep into AV shows. Another key issue are the lenses. Some come with the standard Rolleinar(?) lenses, they are not good. The Schneider Xenotars are good, the Rollei AV Apogon are the best and, in my opinion, are crisper than the Leica Super Colorplan.
Have fun!
Siegi
sniedermair
Highly respected member

Return to All Rollei slide projectors