[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Scala 120 slide film • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Scala 120 slide film

With digital taking over faster as anyone could have predicted our good old film seems to vanish even faster. With manufacturers scaring out of the film arena, dropping whole ranges of film products due to falling demand. <br>But there are still huge numbers of film - photographers. Not in the last place for reasons of quality, known ways of archiving , creativity and perhaps the most important reason : " With film one creates a unique light impression that can not be just deleted it is a permanent recording of what the photographer sees AND thinks ". <br><br> Discuss here whatever you like about film: Brands, types, formats, chemicals, storage etc. etc. Feel free to promote your favorite brand with address and all !!

Scala 120 slide film

Postby Bill » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:59 am

Bill
Respected member

A great film, but too late.

Postby Ivan Rios » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:02 pm

It seems that as soon as I was introduced to Agfa Scala the digital revolution was upon us. A friend used it in his Leica M7 and I did his scanning for him. The results were fantastic. I wanted to use it but I was waiting to get my hands on a 2.8. I had only an MXV 3.5. When I finally purchased one every store I purchased film from closed, moved or merged and stopped selling all film except Kodak portra negative film. I really love slide film and the Agfa Scala was unique. I managed to get a few rolls not enough and too costly to experiment with. I just feel like times are changing and even though I love my Rollei, it's not economical for me to shoot with it as much as I'd like. I still plan on using it because it is such a great camera I can't let it just sit there.
Ivan Rios
Photography & design
91 Mountain Avenue
Haledon, NJ 07508
973-980-5104
Ivan Rios
Serious member

Scala 120 slide film and my Rollei

Postby Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Ivan, I really like my Rollei and I am getting too old to want to change but I suppose one should make some attempt to keep up with the times. I have even thought of selling the camera and getting one of those digital one's. But I still enjoy the slow easy pace that is part of film photography as opposed to the fast picture taking with the digital. Good film or at least the film I want is getting harder to find. But I think I will have finished my life before the film era is completely gone. So maybe I'll just keep using the film.
Bill
Respected member

Postby TrickyDicky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:12 am

TrickyDicky
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby wolfee » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:51 pm

wolfee
Serious member

Re: Scala 120 slide film and my Rollei

Postby jokerakaphotographer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 pm

jokerakaphotographer
New here