Click Here

Scanners

With digital taking over faster as anyone could have predicted our good old film seems to vanish even faster. With manufacturers scaring out of the film arena, dropping whole ranges of film products due to falling demand. <br>But there are still huge numbers of film - photographers. Not in the last place for reasons of quality, known ways of archiving , creativity and perhaps the most important reason : " With film one creates a unique light impression that can not be just deleted it is a permanent recording of what the photographer sees AND thinks ". <br><br> Discuss here whatever you like about film: Brands, types, formats, chemicals, storage etc. etc. Feel free to promote your favorite brand with address and all !!

Scanners

Postby 2515Michaelf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 am

Hi all, I am thinking about buying a scanner to process prints from my rollei, On reading details on web, there are a lot of scanners at varying prices, i cannot afford the best (or most expensive anyway) can any member recommend a scanner in the £200 -£300 range, or is this too cheap to get good results? also some scan negatives, excuse my dimness but why scan negatives? any advice or recommendations would be much appriciated, thanks
2515Michaelf
Respected member

Postby Reeray » Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 am

Take a look at the Epson V700/750 range of flatbed scanners.

I use the V700 in conjunction with my dedicated Konica Minolta Pro scanner and frankly the difference is minimal.

Also consider the Betterscan inserts and holders to vastly improve the V700.

Hope this helps
Reeray
Serious member

Postby 2515Michaelf » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:01 am

Many thanks for that.... I will try and put it up on the screen
2515Michaelf
Respected member

Return to Film in the digital age