Click Here

Tele Rollei serial number

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Tele Rollei serial number

Postby Slowfauto » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:18 am

Hello,
Can someone tell me what is wrong with this serial number? Someone told me about a Tele Rollei model 2 (120 and 220 capability, glass plane, non moon shaped clip for the strap, non white face) that has the following body number: 2471379. How is this possible? All the serial numbers lists I have looked at say that the Tele Rollei all go from 230000 to 2308489.
Pierre
Slowfauto
Respected member

Re: Tele Rollei serial number

Postby Slowfauto » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:27 am

To be more precise, here is the case. The camera can be seen on eBay at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rollei-Tele-Rol ... 338a459406

The strange think, is that the serial number, that is related to a 2.8F as I can read, is not written bellow the tacking lens as usual on a Tele Rollei, but on top of the light meter diffusor plate, the way it normally is on a 2.8F. Is it any possible that someone would, at a certain point in this camera history, change the original 80mm lens for a Sonnar 135? Is this possible? Would the cam work fine anyway? Thanks.
Pierre
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby DPurdy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 am

It is odd as you say. The serial # 247***** is usually a white face 2.8F with 80mm planar.
You can't just remove a 80mm lens and replace it with the tele lens. The focusing cam wouldn't work right.
You can easily replace the meter cell housing with that serial number on it but the strange thing is that serial number shouldn't have the light meter switch on the corner. It is a meter cell cover from the old tele or the E series but it has the wrong serial number.
Something funny going on I think. Otherwise the camera looks good.
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Slowfauto » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks for your help. Yes, something funny is certainly going on as you say. I am looking for a Tele for using it but it may also be a good idea to buy a valuable camera. I may as well wait for another one. But I am looking forward to using one! The Tele really looks like a nice camera...
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:18 am

My guess?

Some major "repair" (or composing) happened to the Tele in question.

The "Rolleiflex"-cover for the selenium cell (or the entire cell) was interchanged (or "replaced") with a later part. The covers all have a cutout for the switch and with the F-cameras there is a small black blind coming from behind filling the gap (if it were not there, one could easily cut the cutout to make it fit).

The front cover for the shutterboard (minus the "tubes") was changed too. It looks like the one seen later on 2,8E cameras with the red arrow towards the shutter speed wheel and "sec" writing in red (not just a bare aluminunm "t").

A friend from Berlin is trying to sell a Tele-Roleliflex ... in case you are interested I can try to get you two together

[attachment=0]_DSC1711_Akl.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Slowfauto » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:51 am

Hi Jan,
Thank you very much for analyzing the camera this way. I have finally let it go because I also believe it had been transformed quite a lot. Your friend camera could interest me, although I already have the Rolleinars 0.35 and 0.7. I would appreciate if you can get him to contact me.
Pierre
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 am

I'll mail him ...
(Your message contains 17 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 25.)

Sorry, too late, he already sold it.
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR