Click Here

Prochnow's 'Mini Report' compared to larger 'Rollei Report'

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Prochnow's 'Mini Report' compared to larger 'Rollei Report'

Postby osullic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:13 am

I just bought a copy of Claus Prochnow's 'Rollei Mini Report 2'. It's an almost-pocketable 93-page booklet with short descriptions (in German) of all equipment produced by Rollei-Werke / F&H during the same time period as covered by the larger and more expensive 'Rollei Report 2'.

I'm just wondering can anybody tell me what the main differences in content are between the mini report and the larger version? I'm mostly interested in Rolleiflex models, features, specifications and in particular accessories and original sales package contents, and I'm just wondering if there is info in the larger book that would be useful to me. I'm not so interested in a description of the history of the firm itself.

Thanks
osullic
Serious member

Re: Prochnow's 'Mini Report' compared to larger 'Rollei Repo

Postby osullic » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 am

Just following up here in case it helps anyone else.

I went ahead and bought the larger 'Rollei Report 2' as well. The larger book contains all the information in the 'Mini Report' and more. Prototypes are covered in the larger book, which are not in the mini report, and there is a description of the history of the firm as well. I haven't had a chance to go through the book in detail yet, but there also seems to be a wealth of illustrations, schematics and details on many items, which are not in the mini report, including details of what was originally supplied with each camera which I was hoping to find. The introduction to the mini report says it is intended for people such as those attending auctions or camera fairs who want to have a conveniently-sized reference on hand. In that regard, the mini report really just contains the essential details.

There is actually some information in the mini report that does not seem to be in the larger book - the mini report contains a market valuation (in DM) and scarcity rating for each item. This info is probably not so useful though, being that the book was published in 1994.

Of course everything is in German in both books, not English.
osullic
Serious member

Return to Rollei TLR