Click Here

Disadvantage to Honeywell 2.8F

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Disadvantage to Honeywell 2.8F

Postby raj » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello,

I'm potentially able to buy a Honeywell 2.8F with the Planar lens. I have two questions:

- Is there anything wrong with buying the Honeywell version? From what I've read, they were just the distributor, otherwise the camera is just like any other.
- Is there a disadvantage to buying the 2.8F with the Planar lens. I'm guessing no, but I'd like to be sure.

I'll primarily be shooting BW film, Tri-X or T-Max (sometimes color).

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!
raj
Serious member

Re: Disadvantage to Honeywell 2.8F

Postby DPurdy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Just make sure the lens is not separating or hazy and the over all condition looks good. It is still a Rollei and should be a great camera.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby raj » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I have the opportunity to buy a Honeywell 2.8F 12/24 with a broken meter for $1499 out the door. Is that a good deal? The camera and shutter are fine.
raj
Serious member

Postby raj » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:47 pm

And just to clarify, it's priced for around $1800, but I know the people that work there really well and they're willing to cut me a deal since they purchased it for much cheaper.
raj
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:33 pm

I think it would have to be in mint condition for that amount to be considered a "good deal". It probably depends on where you are and what is available to buy. It seems about what you would pay for a very nice condition camera in ebay. If the camera needs an expensive overhaul then it is really not such a good deal. There is however a great value in knowing who you are buying from and being able to check out the camera in person rather than trust photos on ebay. The difference between a good deal and an average deal is sometimes only a hundred dollars or so and perhaps the camera in hand is better than waiting endlessly to find a good deal. Especially if you like the camera and it feels good to you.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR