Click Here

Rolleinar 1 bay III with hood?

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Rolleinar 1 bay III with hood?

Postby Iskra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am

I just bought my first Rolleiflex, a 2.8C Xenotar. I am delighted with the camera, but I have a problem: :I can not put the lens hood (not I rollei, is a new one for Rolleiflex purchased on ebay) with the rolleinar 1 bay III.
I have read in other forums (rangefinderforum), that it can be done in the correct order (first the rolleinar on the taking lens, second, the hooh, and the rolleinar on the viewing lens at last). But I can not put the rolleinar of the viewing lens. Do You think that the problem is the non original lens hood? I bought mine in ebay to fotodiox_gear, and work very well without the rolleinar, and look like the original to me.
I will apreciate any help

Iñaki
Iskra
New here

Re: Rolleinar 1 bay III with hood?

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 am

Try attaching the rolleinar and lens hood in a a different order. First, attach the rolleinar Heidosmat to the viewing lens, then attach the rolleinar to the taking lens, then finally fit the lens hood over the rolleinar on the taking lens. Does that work?

Eddie Vaughan
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Re: Rolleinar 1 bay III with hood?

Postby Iskra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 am

Thank you Edie, I have tried it, but its imposible. Another forumer in Rangefinderforum has confirmed that I need to trim the hood with a sanding drum on a dremel. I have compared my fotodiox hood with photos of the original rollei hood, and have found the diference. Tomorrow I will try it.

Fotodiox should warn in their ads that the hood does not work with the rolleinar (or make a better hood). I should have bought the original hood :x
Iskra
New here

Return to Rollei TLR