[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fitting a mutar 0.7 • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Fitting a mutar 0.7

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Fitting a mutar 0.7

Postby Slowfauto » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to fit a mutar 0.7 on my Rolleiflex 3.5F Planar. I have just bought a Bay II-42 rings set to do so. But it does not work. The taking lens part can screw on the Planar lens, but the Mutar does not reach the viewing lens. The mutar kit is not tall enough. What does this 42 means on the rings? On the original box, it says they would fit a 3.5E camera. What rings should I need for a 3.5F? The mutar itself comes with a standard Bay II fixation on the taking lens but nothing on the other. So I have assumed you need a rings set anyway, right? I have tried to find a mutar user manual on the Web but with no success. Anyone has one?

Thanks!
Slowfauto
Respected member

Re: Fitting a mutar 0.7

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 pm

For the Mutars, you have ...
Bay I: Set of two rings
Bay II: One set of two rings II 42 for 3,5C (or call it 3,5E in the US) , 42 being the lens distance in mm.
Bay II: One ring for the viewing lens"R II" (without "45" what it should have) (the one for the taking lens already there, for 3,5F (and 3,5E3).
Bay III: One set of two rings for the Mutar 0,7
Bay III: Another set of two rings for the Mutar 1,5
aaaaand the proper set of screws to mount the rings.

The Rollei Report 2 is not all bad to have for information on this.
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Slowfauto » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:32 am

Thank you for this detailed answer. I knew the forum would be the best place to ask. This is logical since my setup is about 3mm shorter. So looking for the proper ring, I found this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271571395959
That’s what I need, right?
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 pm

That ring is some sort of home brew solution or garage job, but not the original ring.

Maybe it will fit, maybe not ...
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Slowfauto » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Yes I know. The guy says he made it himself as he is a mecanic engeneer. He was using on a 3.5F as well and he says it fits prefectly. I don't find any other one so I will try it. Thanks again!
Pierre
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:52 am

80,- Euro plus postage? Wow! I might considder selling one of my original rings for that ...
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Slowfauto » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:33 am

Too late. I did’n want to miss it as I could not find any other. If it does not work as expected, I will get back to you.
Thanks!
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby Slowfauto » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Hey! I have just received the handmade ring and it just fits perfectly. Very solid and nicely finished. I am not a collector but a photographer, so I am glad with this solution. And yesterday, I have received this nice Tele Rollei I have bough on eBay after looking for over a year. I finally have the perfect kit. My 3.5F Planar, the Mutar 0.7 and the Tele. Thanks again for your help!
Slowfauto
Respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 am

Congratulations!

And thanks for letting us know.
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby meter741 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi I will be getting the Mutar 0.7 for my Rolleiflex. I could not find any instructions but I would assume that you first have to fit the Mutar on the taking lens and then somehow fit onto the viewing lens above? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
meter741
New here

Postby eieikuean » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:43 pm

eieikuean
Highly respected member

Postby tomlang » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, so if I am not following protocol, please call me on it.

In regards to the different Bayonet RII sizes... I am confused. Is the 3.5C (or sometimes called the 3.5E) the only camera that utilizes the 42mm spacing, lens center to center? All others after that model, i.e., the 3.5F and hybrid 3.5E/2/3, use the 46mm lens spacing?

This came up as I was sorting the various mounting rings that I have for my 0.7 Mutar.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Oh, and another thing - where in the world can I get some of those tiny screws that are used with the mounts for the Mutar?

Tom
tomlang
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 pm

You just found out one of the differences between 3,5E2 and 3,5E3 ;-)
3,5E2: 42mm lens distance (detachable WLF, rest like 3,5C (M/X swich and self-timer etc.))
3,5E3; 45mm lens distance (no coupled meter, rest like 3,5F )

When talking about the screws, you will have noticed the difference between rings for Mutar 1,5 BIII and all the other.
[attachment=3]Mutar-Ring III 1,5 PICT5139.jpg[/attachment]
M1,7 schiny, countersunk

[attachment=2]Mutar-Ring I PICT5141.jpg[/attachment]
M1,7 black, cheese head

[attachment=1]Mutar-Ring Schrauben PICT5144.jpg[/attachment]

(but with a smaller head than DIN84 would command)
[attachment=0]Mutar-Ring Schrauben PICT5147.jpg[/attachment]

Some time ago "somebody" from Germany offered them on eBay @ 20,-€ (for a set of three including postage) ... item number was 351374256633 ... yes, you have to be "desperate" to pay that much money for three tiny screws, but compared to scratchbuilding the screws I consider it a fair price.
Attachments
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby tomlang » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 am

JanBoettcher --> Thank you very much for your detailed response. The information is very valuable. Armed with those specifications, I think I will be able to order these from a vendor here in the USA, who deals in screws and attachments of all descriptions.

One thing is still not clear in my head. Is the lens separation on the 3.5F model 45mm? Sorry to repeat myself, but I don't have a 3.5F in my collection at this time. I do know that the 3.5C (K4C) is 42mm. All of this is related to the surplus Mutar mounting rings that I have.

Many thanks,
Tom
tomlang
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 am

"Is the lens separation on the 3.5F model 45mm?", yepp, that's what people say.
(haven't personally taken a measurement, but one can tell there is something like a 3mm difference)
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby tomlang » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:39 am

Thank you, so much. Somewhere during the relocation of my home 3 times in the past 30 years, I managed to lose all my Rollei reference books. It is great to have such an informative source here at the touch of one's fingertips.
Thanks again,
Tom
tomlang
New here

Return to Rollei TLR