Click Here

Identify Rolleicord age

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Identify Rolleicord age

Postby Roelandvdv » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:11 am

Hey all,

I just discovered this forum and rollei-pages. I'm a photographer in Belgium and I'm trying to find out the age of Rolleicord camera that has been lying around at my parent's home for decades (I think). The serial nr engraved under the Rolleicord ID plate is 1148731. I traced it down on the pages on this site as being from between nov 1950 and june 1953. However: according to the info page the taking lens should be Xenar. On the camera it's a Triotar 1/3,5 75mm. All other details seem to be correct (shutter). Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot for any input!
Roelandvdv
New here

Re: Identify Rolleicord age

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 am

And judging by trhe camera's features (and not the darn serial umber) your camera is ... ?
Rolleicord II or Rolleicord III or ...?
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Re: Identify Rolleicord age

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Welcome to the club and this forum, Roeland.

You might be able to identify the age and model of your Rolleicord through reference to its shutter type and maximum shutter speed. It is my understanding that pre-war models with the Triotar lens featured a Compur shutter and a maximum shutter speed of 1/300 sec., whereas post-war Rolleicords were offered for a while with either the Triotar or Xenar lens (before the Xenar lens became the standard), with both featuring a Compur Rapid shutter and a maximum shutter speed of 1/500 sec. I could be wrong about this -- there is always a lot of debate about Rollei model identification -- so more knowledgeable members might well correct me.

Shoot a roll with your old Rolleicord and show us some pics!

Eddie Vaughan
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR