Click Here

A photo with my Rolleiflex

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

A photo with my Rolleiflex

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 am

I offer this photo of my wife, Edwina, and my dog, Lotti, chatting together recently because I had promised before Christmas to post more photos (hoping that other members would do the same) and partly because it might help distract Jan from his fuming over Rolleiflex model identification and serial number questions on this forum. The photo was taken with my Rolleiflex D, and the film was Ilford HP5 Plus, developed in a Rodinal 1:50 solution for 11 minutes. I have a cheap scanner, so the resolution and tonality are not as good as they are on the print.

I have been experimenting with films ever since my two favourites, APX100 and Fuji professional 400, were discontinued. I have tried Fomapan 200 with results so varied that I have decided not to persevere with it any longer, and have also tried Ilford FP4 Plus generally with good results -- but perhaps not quite as good as Acros 100. Acros 100 produces very sharp clean modern-looking prints, but the results can also look a bit too clinical with some subjects. I am now trying Ilford HP5 Plus for a more 'old-fashioned' look but have not yet made up my mind about it. The prints show a lot of grain, which is what I would expect from an ISO400 film developed in Rodinal, but this suits some subjects (though perhaps not this one) and I shall continue using it for a while.

Next, a serial number question. Only kidding, Jan. Relax.

Eddie Vaughan
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Re: A photo with my Rolleiflex

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:18 pm

;-)

(Your message contains 3 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 25.
Jaap, please fix this! Sometimes I do not have more words / letters to say. And whike at it, let's get rid odd this brwon leather grain "RolleiCLub FAQ Members Cub Gear Downloads Home" bar across every page. It distracts from viewing pics and posts.)
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR