Click Here

Photo of local library

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Photo of local library

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:53 pm

Here is a scanned photo of my local library taken with a Rolleiflex D, 2.8 Xenotar, using Ilford HP5 Plus. This is not my favourite film, but it works well in this kind of situation.

How about members showing some of their photos? Posts about serial numbers and model identification plentiful, but I like to look at pictures.

Eddie
Attachments
inside our local library
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Re: Photo of local library

Postby DPurdy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:04 am

I will give it a try. On my computer that Rolleiclub banner with the brown leather stays in place on my screen and interferes with looking at an enlarged version of an image. Anyway this is a handheld photo taken with the 2.8FX while walking along the Oregon coast. First time I have ever shown it to anyone.
Attachments
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:39 pm

The Rolleiclub banner runs across the photo I attached, ruining it and dissuading me from showing any more.

Yours is a great abstract image with beautiful tones. Is it toned black and white, and what does it represent?

Eddie
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby DPurdy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:54 am

What I did to look at your image was to open it in a new window. Pretty easy to do with a mac, you just hold down the control button and select open link in new window. I like the abstract quality of yours too. It is a scan from film? Mine is a scan from a print on Ilford Warm tone fiber base paper. I didn't tone it. Not sure what you are asking by what it represents but it is just a spot on the beach after the tide had gone out a bit and left the sand wet and textured.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks. My image is also a scan from a print. I have just bought a pack Ilford warm tone gloss fiber paper and will try it for the first time when I next do some printing. I will also try what you suggest about viewing images on this site.

Eddie Vaughan
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR