Click Here

Rolleiflex 1:3-5 75mm

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Rolleiflex 1:3-5 75mm

Postby nnickusa » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:00 am

Hey all,I have come across an old rolleiflex, and picked it up, more or less on a whim. All I really know about these is standing and waiting--interminably-- for my father to come up with just the right everything for the shot as a kid. Having said that, I also love the film format and was very into slr photography when I was younger. Thought I might get back into it. I am asking for help to identify this camera, but don't know how to do so. There is a number under the rolleiflex logo which is 1089986, and one on the lens Zeiss Opton nr 16172. The camera is in need of a good cleaning and possibly repair. Can anyone help me identify this camera and maybe suggest if its worth saving? I should also add that it has an original leather case, a bag with a Kobold flash, Weston Master II exposure merter also in a leather case, rollei lens hood, green filter and rooleinar(?) lens all in original cardboard boxes. Any help would be appreciated. Serial number location and identification particularly. Thanks to all, Nick
nnickusa
New here

Postby Rolleifan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:01 am

Hello Nick,

the number under the Rolleiflex logo is the serial number.
Your camera is a Rolleiflex Automat 3rd model (internal name K4B), built from march 1939 til september 1949.

First with Zeiss Tessar, since 1946 with Zeiss Opton Tessar, both variations round about 38.600 pieces.
Since middle of 1947 3.800 pieces with Schneider Xenar and since middle of 1949 8.600 pieces with Schneider Xenar (coated).

Bayonet size for both lenses I.
Waist level finder (Tauchlichtschacht not removable) without sports finder.

I think the camera is worth to give her a CLA (cleaning, lubrating, adjusting) but always use a lenshood.

Have a good time with the sixty years old Rollei!
It will still work for many years and give you beautiful pics!

Greetings from Germany
Chris
Rolleifan
Highly respected member

Postby nnickusa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:31 am

Thanks Chris! I'll hase up a good camera shop, if I can find one out here in the bush!, and get her going again. Cheers, Nick
nnickusa
New here

Return to Rollei TLR