Click Here

ROLLEIFLEX 2.8/80

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

ROLLEIFLEX 2.8/80

Postby COINMAN1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 pm

OVER 3 MONTHS AGO, I INHERITED 2 ROLLEI CAMERAS. 1 IS A ROLLEIFLEX AND THE OTHER IS A ROLLEICLUB. AT PRESENT, I AM CONCENTRATING ON THE ROLLEIFLEX.
I AM TRYING TO ASCERTAIN EXACTLY WHICH CAMERA I HAVE IN MY POSSESSION. HAVING VISITED THE ROLLEICLUB SITE MANY TIMES AND VIEWED VARIOUS OPTIONS SHOWN, I HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO THOSE LISTED ON SHEET 38. I NOW NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS A K7F, K7F2 OR A K7F3. (K7F4 HAVE BEEN DISCOUNTED AS MY CAMERA HAS A PLANAR LENS).
IT MENTIONS WITHIN THE DESCRIPTION, "FLAT GLASS PROVISION". WHAT IS THIS. THIS WILL HELP REMOVE VARIANTS.
IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO TELL WHICH ONE I HAVE. I CANNOT FIND A SERIAL NUMBER ANYWHERE ON THE CAMERA, EXCEPT THE LENSES.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE COUNTER IS 12 OR 24?
ANY HELP WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED
I WILL BE LOOKING TO SELL THE CAMERA ONCE I KNOW EXACLTY WHICH CAMERA I HAVE.
I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TAKING A ROLL OF FILM, SO I WILL THEN KNOW IF IT WORKS. ALL THINGS HAVE SO FAR CHECKED OUT CORRECTLY.
REGARDS
GEOFF (COINMAN1)
COINMAN1
New here

Postby DPurdy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:44 am

The serial number is helpful identifying the model. It is generally on top of the name plate. Sometimes it is below the taking lens on the front.
If you open the back and look to the right side in the middle on the edge there might be a small stainless steel pin visible that does not have an obvious purpose. That would indicate the camera is capable of taking the flat glass with the proper back. If the back has a hump at the bottom it is the proper back.
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Rolleiflex 2.8/80

Postby Eddie Vaughan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 am

Geoff, do you mean 'Rolleicord' when you describe the second camera as a 'Rolleiclub'? If not, then I figure you must have something very rare!

Cheers

Eddie Vaughan
Eddie Vaughan
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR