Click Here

Time for a brief introduction

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Time for a brief introduction

Postby jos4x4and6x6 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:03 am

:oops:
Hello fellow members,
it is some time ago that I became a member here, and I think its time for a proper introduction.
My name is Jos, 53yrs, living near Leiden in The Netherlands.
I started with photography when I was about 10 years old. Never stopped since!
It was not until a year ago that I first held a Rolleiflex TLR (a baby grey), and instantly loved the little camera.
Since than I got hold of a 'T', a Rolleicord III, a standard model 621, and a Rolleimagic I.
Until now I used the cord the most, it is running very smoothly.
The 'T' needs a cla before I can properly use it.
The standard model, the oldest, is in very poor state, probably not used for 30-40 years, but notting has broken so I hope one day I can take pictures with it.
Hope to post some pictures soon. In the mean time I enjoy reading other members stories and learn from your experience.

Regards,
Jos.
jos4x4and6x6
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 am

Hello Jos, I think you are the first person to ever introduce himself here.
It might be interesting to have introductions though I think the number of people who check into this forum is relatively small.

I will add my short introduction

Dennis in Portland Oregon. I have been a photographer for 35 years. I spent many years as a studio photographer doing commercial advertising work. Then I got very tired of that and tried to make my living with weddings and portraits and fine art. Now I am trying to focus just on my fine art photography. My main work is with 8x10 because I need a large negative for platinum printing... though I have learned to enlarge roll film including images made with my Rolleiflex.

I first remember being interested in Rolleiflex from looking at Irving Penn's work in the1980s. However I have a photo of my self from the 1970s while in photo school with a Rolleiflex over my arm. I have no memory of it but there is the undeniable photo.

Some samples of what I do can be found here:
www.pbase.com/dpurdy

There is lots of Rolleiflex work there.
Dennis Purdy
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei TLR