[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Researching my Rolleiflex Old Standard • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Researching my Rolleiflex Old Standard

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Researching my Rolleiflex Old Standard

Postby Too Many Cameras » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi,

I just joined because I bought a Rolleiflex Old Standard a few weeks ago. After cleaning it and fixing the aperture, I took a few test rolls and really liked the results. I'm trying to research more about my Rollei and am havingtrouble finding resources beyond those on the Rolleiclub website.

So using the Rolleiclub website I found out which model Rollei I have and also that I apparently have a low serial number. I saw that the old standard SNs begin at 200000. My SN is 205212. Is there any way to find out when it was made? My guess is mid-1932, but I'd like something more concrete. Is there a place that tracks known remaining Rollei SNs?

Thank you for any help you can provide. If you're interested, I'll post a link to photos of my Rollei as well as a couple albums of test rolls.

David
Too Many Cameras
Serious member

Postby jos4x4and6x6 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 am

Hi David,
welcome to the club, always good to hear an old Rolleiflex camera is 'saved' again and put to use.
If you want you can place pictures in the Photo Gallery.
I am sure many people would love to see them, including myself.

I cannot help you with more information about your camera.
It sometimes takes a while before you get an answer here, but there is a lot of knowledge available with the forummembers.

I also have a Old Standard, No. starting with 209 . . . , the type of lens tells you the model type. My camera is model 621, manufactured between 1932 and 1935. Unfortunately my camera is in very poor condition.

Regards,
Jos.
jos4x4and6x6
Serious member

Postby Too Many Cameras » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Too Many Cameras
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:04 am

DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Too Many Cameras » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Too Many Cameras
Serious member

Postby Guppstah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi, I am also an Old Standard owner and user, mine is a 620 model with a Zeiss f4.5 lens.
Yours I believe is a 621 with the F3.8
How about posting some shots from your new baby?

How is the condition of yours mechanically etc?
As i need a new mirror, new focus screen as mine is a cut down later one, and I have no catch, therefore cant close the viewfinder up, apart from that it works perfectly.

G
Guppstah
Serious member

Postby Too Many Cameras » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Too Many Cameras
Serious member

Postby Guppstah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 pm

'Old Standard' 622 in daily use.
Baby 4x4 in occasional use, when I can buy film.
Guppstah
Serious member

Postby Guppstah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Here are a few pics of mine

This is the 620

Guppstah
Serious member

Postby Too Many Cameras » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Mine also has the date! I saw that and it didn't occur to me that it was a date.

Ready?

29 February 1932!

VERY early in the production run indeed. And a leap year baby.

You have made my evening fantastic.
Too Many Cameras
Serious member

Postby Guppstah » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Apparently the mirrors were made just before each camera because the tissue paper used between mirrors caused the mirrors to deteriorate, therefore they were virtually made to order. So that date, assuming your mirror hasn't been changed, is accurate.

Glad to help, every little piece of info helps.

Garry
Guppstah
Serious member

Postby Guppstah » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

In your excitement you forgot to mention my Oldie, :-)

Also my 622 should be here today, exited :-)
Guppstah
Serious member

Postby Too Many Cameras » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

That's also a really nice looking Standard. These cameras seem to wear their age with dignity.
Too Many Cameras
Serious member

Postby jcrutcher » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 am

Hello!,

I have a Old Standard also. model 622 serial 362900. I had a buddy lubricate the focus gears in the front plate. Does anyone know how to time the gears correctly for the reinstall? any manuals available?

Thank you!
Some nice looking examples on this thread.

Jim
jcrutcher
New here

Re: Researching my Rolleiflex Old Standard

Postby alechino » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:15 am

alechino
New here

Return to Rollei TLR