[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Did I make a mistake? • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Did I make a mistake?

Discuss all you like about the Rolleiflex TLR and Rolleicord TLR

Did I make a mistake?

Postby Esprit S4 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 am

Hey guys,
New to the forum (and Rolleis). I've owned the obligatory Leicas, Hasselblads, and Nikon in the past but, since going digital, I've decided on retaining one film camera, and thought I'd try the Rollei TLR.
Here's the deal: I purchased a Rolleicord V in nice cosmetic condition, but the shutter doesn't work. I contacted Mark and he said he could fix it for me. I bought it on e-Bay and am awaiting delivery of it.
Next, and here's where I'm a little worried; I also bought a Rolleiflex on e-Bay (waiting on delivery of it, too). The seller listed it as a "Rolleicord", but the name clearly says "Rolleiflex". Ever heard of that before? Also, he said it doesn't have a serial number on it. Not even on top between the "DRP" and "DGBP". I can copy the auction on these two cameras if you need to see them. So, do you think I messed up? I paid $55.00 for the Rolliecord V with stuck shutter and $199.00 for the un-serial numbered Rolleicord/Rolleiflex. It, however; is supposed to work very well.
Thanks
Esprit S4
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:07 pm

It would be interesting to see the non numbered one.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby DPurdy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Ok I found them both in completed listings. that is definitely an Automat Rolleiflex. It has the paint rubbed off the area where the serial number should be. I have no idea why the seller calls it a Rolleicord, you can even see it has the auto feeler roller inside. Says the view finder does not hold tightly. I guess he is talking about the waist level finder cover. Maybe there is a screw missing.

I hope they work out for you.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Got 'em both

Postby Esprit S4 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 am

Esprit S4
Serious member

Return to Rollei TLR