Click Here

6000 Series Lenses and Finders

My favourite tool of the trade was the Rolleiflex 6008. The Rolleiflex SLX , 6006 , 6008 and 6002 , including the 6008 AF , all those still very modern Rolleiflexes have their own home in the forum.

6000 Series Lenses and Finders

Postby Ted Harris » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:57 am

A couple of questions about lenses and finders for the 6000 system:

1) I note that the 150 Sonar PQ seems to be discontiued. The 150 Sonnar PQS and EL remain. When was the PQ version discontinued? Is there any optical difference between the PQ, PQS and EL versions of this lens?

2) I'm looking for a 90º finder and have seen cooments that the curent 90º finder uses a lens and mirror system and is not as bright as a prism finder. Any experience with this finder? Also, I see used 90º prism finders and also see there is one offered for the HY6. Anybody have experience with the older 90 prism finder?
Ted Harris

6000 answers

Postby rolleiclubleader » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi Ted. The prism is definitely brighter as the mirror box. The mirror is possibly lighter but can be more sensitive to bumps etc. as well. I owned a 6006 and 6008 set with the older prism , currently have a SL66 with the same type of prism and it is just great.
The lens question is more difficult to answer, I have not had the time to delve into all the lens differences. However: if the optical specs are the same the lens is the same. The only difference for instance in the 120mm I used was that mine was a non PQ ( I had the old SLX model and noitce now that that is even identical to the 'old' 120 mm for the SL66. Lens designs once they come to perfection as the Zeiss designs ( even though made under license by Franke Heidecke ) all are are rarely chanced over many decades.

I will try to complete some Rolleiflex 6000 series info on the club site in the coming months. Anyone with good scans of manuals or brochures please reply to the special link in this forum.
Best Regards:
Jaap
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Return to Rolleiflex SLX and 6000 series