[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I was just gifted my first Rollei • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

I was just gifted my first Rollei

Post images of your Rollei / Rolleiflex Camera collection here.
Just bought in a well used worn out condition or as good as when new , all are welcome !
You can always add more to a previous post you made.
The Forum system takes care of showing off in a nice Gallery format.

I was just gifted my first Rollei

Postby RichGrim » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 am

My father in law saw me shooting with my Yashica-mat and generously offered to give me his grandfather's Rollei! I believe it's a Model 3 from the serial # but the positioning of the "Franke & Heidecke" name under viewing lens makes me think it's a model 2?

Either way - it fires but is definitely slow and stuck a few times when testing. The lenses look a bit cloudy etc.

It's not for sale but in your opinion is it worth the money to overhaul? In good shape how would this camera compare to my mint YashicaMat G?

I have always wanted a Rollei TLR so I am leaning towards getting it refurbished and possibly installing a brighter screen (plus it's a family heirloom) If I get it done I want to do it right and assume the cost will be ~$250-$350 for pro service. Does that seem to be a good estimate and would it be worth it if there was no family connection?

Thanks,

Rich
Attachments
RichGrim
New here

Re: I was just gifted my first Rollei

Postby DPurdy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:19 am

Harry Fleenor <harry@rolleirepairs.com>

I would write Harry Fleenor and ask him if he is able to clean haze from a 3.5 Tessar on an old Automat.
You might include the front on photo of your camera.
He can overhaul the sticky shutter and whatever else it needs. In my experience he won't give a quote until you send him the camera and let him look at it.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Re: I was just gifted my first Rollei

Postby Jahroll42 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Jahroll42
New here

Return to My Rollei Collection