Click Here

How to use your Rollei

Post images of your Rollei / Rolleiflex Camera collection here.
Just bought in a well used worn out condition or as good as when new , all are welcome !
You can always add more to a previous post you made.
The Forum system takes care of showing off in a nice Gallery format.

How to use your Rollei

Postby sniedermair » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:31 am

Two weeks ago my wife and I returned from a beautiful 2-week vacation in Cuba. Sunshine, ocean, great Cuban people, some cigars and some 7 anos, Cuban rhum that is, almost as smooth as a Cognac.
During our stay there I exposed 10 slide films, most on my Rollei 35S, three rolls on the Nikon F100. The 2.8F had to stay home, to avoid exposure to sand and salt water mist.
Needless to say, most slides turned out right on for exposure, that little 35S just does a great job.
However, peace at my house was shattered last night when we watched the slides. It appears that I am the worst people-photographer in the world. "my God, am I ever fat in this picture!", again and again. Well, she forced me to remove most of the pictures where she is shown!
I have to admit, she is slim and tender, and the pictures are not really the best.
So, my question to you, my Rollei-friends, is, what am I doing wrong? When I take pictures of people -or especially my wife - around home, they are not all that bad.
Is it the extreme sun light down South? Am I not thinking?
How do you take pictures of your spouse without getting threatened with a divorce-lawyer?
Looking forward to hearing from all of you out there!
Best regards,
Siegi
sniedermair
Highly respected member

cuban visit

Postby ossainraggi » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 am

Next time you visit my country try to found a bottle of "guayabita del pinar seca". You will be more than happy. Regards: ossain.
ossainraggi
Highly respected member

Postby sniedermair » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:45 am

Hi ossainragi,
yes, you got a great country! Just a little worried about the fast progress towards the US. Things will change very rapidly, hopefully not too fast. And I hope that the Cuban people stay as they are.
My wife and I have spent about 25 two-week vacations in Cuba, mostly near Puerto Padre, but also at Jibacoa, hal way between La Habana and Varadero. Next week we will go to Germany, Austria and Italy for a month, but in November we will be back in Puerto Padre.
I am very much looking forward to some serious photography there, using my Rolleiflex 2.8GX, the little 35S as well as the QZ35W.
Best regards,
Siegi
sniedermair
Highly respected member

Cuba

Postby ossainraggi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am

I am worried too. I visited every year Las Tunas as menber of the admision Jury for The ISA(Cuban Arts University). As I do not visit since the last hurricane I am very concerned whit the situation there. I Hope you can do your great photos whit your GX when you get back. Please fell free to contact me if I can be of some help. Regards: Ossain Raggi.
ossainraggi
Highly respected member

Return to My Rollei Collection