Click Here

Retro Day

Post images of your Rollei / Rolleiflex Camera collection here.
Just bought in a well used worn out condition or as good as when new , all are welcome !
You can always add more to a previous post you made.
The Forum system takes care of showing off in a nice Gallery format.

Retro Day

Postby mikedk » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:42 am

It was ‘retro’ day. The Rolleiflex T was loaded with Ilford Delta 400 Professional (there’s been an unopened box of 5 in the fridge since 2004) and the Omnica I gadget bag was checked for contents; filters, meter, Agfalux flashgun (with battery and tested) plus grip, box of Sylvania AG1 flashbulbs, and a plethora of odds and ends including a Yashica Yashinon auxillary telephoto lens. It was the first time I’d had the T out in some time; the EOS 10D stayed at home this time. All systems were go, or so I thought; didn’t factor in the weather. The weather wasn’t that bad when I left home, just wet and quite windy; well it is Ireland. However, by the time I got to my ‘target area’, in the heart of the mountains, there was no way I was getting out of the car. I waited for a break in the rain, and waited, and waited, and waited.....and gave up and went to Plan B. I drove back to sea level and relative shelter, to a 17th Century former Cavalry Barracks which has been restored and presents quite an ominous edifice in stormy weather with a dramatic sky. I spent some time walking around, searching for the right place, then more time waiting for the right combination of cloud, blue sky and light. On my day-out I managed 1 photo before the heavens opened once again. Was it worth it? Course it was!!
mikedk

Return to My Rollei Collection