[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My fateful encounter • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

My fateful encounter

Post images of your Rollei / Rolleiflex Camera collection here.
Just bought in a well used worn out condition or as good as when new , all are welcome !
You can always add more to a previous post you made.
The Forum system takes care of showing off in a nice Gallery format.

My fateful encounter

Postby akira0827 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:04 am

I would like to talk about my fateful encountyer with Rollei.

My First Rollei is a remembrance of my grandfather, old standard f3.8, she had been left in the closet for many years and unnoticed … When I was a child, I sometimes played with her…
After 30years I remembered that she had been there and I asked my mother “ where that old grandfather’s camera is ? “ My mother thought a while, after that Mother brought her back and said to me " This camera is bought by my father in German 70 years ago. He said that this camera is very expensive, so do not lost, do not lost " …and gave me with missing her father.
At that time she went rags but her eyes ware clear, so I send her to the hospital. After coming back from hospital, she is in a good mood and working completely till now!!

My second one is a remembrance of my uncle, Rolleicord 2 f3.5, she came to my home after one year of her elder sister. She was very sullen about her eyes not clear, so she did not want to do good job, so I let her rest for a while… but she told me that she want to work, so ilet her go to hospital recently. She is in hospital now, and doctor told me that she can recover completely!!

Because they, 2 daughters, came to my home, I thought that God let me only use Rollei TLR in medium format!!
So after they came, I only use Rollei TLR in medium format, and met more 3 daughters, Rolleicord 3, Rolleiflex 2.8C, Rolleiflex2.8F … So there are 5 daughters in my home now and I am pleased with playing with them.
2 weeks ago I met 6th daughter, Rolleiflex 2.8F, she was more young than my 5 daughters, but she was injured and looked asking me to help her. I answered her and let her come to my home from Ebay!! She was very pleased with coming my home and came very quickly!!

Now I am staying in Taiwan for business, and my 1 daughter is in hospital in Japan, I will go back to Japan once in February in next year. When I will go to Japan, I will bring the most young daughter to hospital in Japan, and bring another daughter back to Taiwan.

I now think it is my duty to keep 6 daughters in a good mood, and I want to get good experiences with my daughters!! Also I hope my son and grandchildren also will use my daughters in long time with care.

Thank you for reading my story.

Akira at Taipei, Taiwan
akira0827
Respected member

Postby mikedk » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:06 pm

mikedk

Postby akira0827 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 pm

akira0827
Respected member

Postby sniedermair » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 am

sniedermair
Highly respected member

my new daughters...

Postby akira0827 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:47 pm

I haven’t seen all members for a long time !! :oops:

After the previous posting, my 6th daughter came back to my home after overhauled and in now she works completely in good mood !! :)
Fortunately, there is a good and very sincere repair shop in Japan. The craftsman in that shop always makes a good job with a craftsmanship.

By the way, recently I was out of my senses buying Rolleimagic 1 & 2 on Ebay….. hi :wink:
I very gladly received 2 of Rolleimagic, and checked them. They are very clean and seem not used hardly. And Rolleimagic 1 is woking and exposure meter must be accurate … , but Rolleimagic 2 is not working, But I am very pleasure that I can make her overhauled and let her work in good mood !!
This year end, I will send her to the above good repair shop in Japan and let her being overhauled. So, when I go back to Japan in February next year, I will be able to welcome the healthy youngest daughter !!

I think when I get Rollei in chance and she is injured, it is my duty that I make her repaired or overhauled and let her working in good mood. How do you think about my way of thinking ??

Thank you for your reading.

Akira
akira0827
Respected member

Postby Toffle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:55 am

Toffle
Highly respected member

Postby Jeff Williams » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Jeff Williams
New here

Return to My Rollei Collection