Click Here

What to do with P11 and Rolleicord

Post images of your Rollei / Rolleiflex Camera collection here.
Just bought in a well used worn out condition or as good as when new , all are welcome !
You can always add more to a previous post you made.
The Forum system takes care of showing off in a nice Gallery format.

What to do with P11 and Rolleicord

Postby milstone » Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 am

I inherited (literally) my father's "Rollei Universal Projector P11" with manual, and a "Rolleicord" camera with 2 lenses but without manual. The camera shows the number 1330012 under the name and the letters DBP to the left and DBGM to the right. My father used the camera quite a lot and the projector sparingly but neither for several decades, as best as I can tell. I don't have as much detailed info as I might be useful since the equipment is currently 3,000 miles distant.

What are my options this equipment? Assuming they work to a reasonable degree would this projector and/or camera be useful to a hobbyist or others on this forum? I am not a Rollei hobbyist but I do work with images quite a bit using current equipment. I'm uncertain about keeping this equipment even for sentimental value and if I let it go I would like it to go to a good home if it is useful.

I also have many slides that fit the larger format of thid projector. Is there a reasonable way to preserve these images and make them viewable on modern equipment? Digitizing might be anathema to this forum :wink: but this would be useful to me.

Thanks for any input.
milstone
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu May 20, 2010 6:44 am

Hi,
my suggestion: clean the camera a bit, get some rolls of 120 slide film (plus frames), get a manual (http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rolleiflex.htm) and try it.

Probably the long shutter speeds (1/15 to 1 full second) will be sticking a bit, never mind in daytime shooting.

In case you don't get hooked and you are willing to part with your dad's camera, take some digital pics of it to attract best prices ...

Digitizing 6x6cm slides? Maybe you have a macro lens for your digital Canon SLR ... just snap the slides fo a first go.

Best
Jan
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to My Rollei Collection