Click Here

Rollei 35 se led always powered?

All you like to ask or tell about the famous Rollei 35 : the orginal Rollei 35 made in Germany , the 35 series made in Singapore and the German Classic

Rollei 35 se led always powered?

Postby Lolito » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:45 am

I'm a new user of this camera, read a lot of posts . My problem is that the led of the meter is always on and i need to remove the battery after each shot... Quite boring' i guess this is due to a short circuit somewhere. I will remove the top case to access the brinted circuit board but if anyone has some ideas or similar experience, that would be nice
Thanks
Best regards
Laurent
Lolito
New here

Re: Rollei 35 se led always powered?

Postby DPurdy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 am

I believe it is the kind of meter/ battery that is active as long as there is light to activate it. I cut a little piece of black electrical tape that I keep over the meter window when the camera is not in use. My battery and meter is still good now for a few years.
Dennis
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Re: Rollei 35 se led always powered?

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:02 am

[quote="Lolito"]I'm a new user of this camera, read a lot of posts . My problem is that the led of the meter is always on and i need to remove the battery after each shot... Quite boring' i guess this is due to a short circuit somewhere. I will remove the top case to access the brinted circuit board but if anyone has some ideas or similar experience, that would be nice
Thanks
Best regards
Laurent[/quote]
My guess: You will have to adjust the switch (activated by the shutter release button), it is probably giving constant contact. Prepare for pain in the neck! If that is not the cause you will have to fight the electronics ...
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei 35 Classic