Click Here

Hi and hopefully a little help re metering

All you like to ask or tell about the famous Rollei 35 : the orginal Rollei 35 made in Germany , the 35 series made in Singapore and the German Classic

Hi and hopefully a little help re metering

Postby m1ks » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:23 am

Hi guys and girls,

Despite being into photography for many years going from simple film to complicated film to digital and back to film as I miss the feel (still use digital but you can't beat that Ilford B&W grain), i've never, until recently had the chance to use a Rollei 35, recently I bought a B35 and was stunned by the image quality of this 'lesser lensed' Rollei, I got a 35 shortly after and having given it a bit of a clean as it had sat in a drawer for several years apparently, am waiting to complete and develop my first roll of film through it.
I've just gotten a 35 LED to complete the 35 collection, (OK, I know there's the 35S and TE and so on but this will do for now), and unfortunately there's a fault with the metering LED's it's currently showing the RHS red LED only indicating overexposed regardless of the aperture setting, shutter speed setting and ISO setting.
Through some fiddling I briefly once got the other two LED's to flash briefly whilst fiddling with the shutter speed ring on the lens, but it's doing nothing now.
I wondered if any among you have had a similar experience with a 35 LED and know of a solution?

I've replaced the batteries with fresh ones in an adapter I use for my Minox cameras incidentally and know they're providing enough power, thanks.

Mike

Here's a link to my recent B35 gallery on Flickr for anyone interested.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskFuR8yY
m1ks
New here

Re: Hi and hopefully a little help re metering

Postby m1ks » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:39 am

Forgot to add, the instructions I've seen for the LED have the operating switch as the shutter release surround, the one I have has a separate switch behind the shutter, I don't know if this was an earlier or later model or if it makes a difference to the exposure LED indication?
m1ks
New here

Re: Hi and hopefully a little help re metering

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:19 am

"the one I have has a separate switch behind the shutter, I don't know if this was an earlier or later model or if it makes a difference to the exposure LED indication?" that is the rarish early / first version.

Few were produced, many of them got converted to the later sandard ... so, go find a collector to give you three to five working Rollei 35 LED of the newer type in exchange for your old one ;-) (or keep it as a collector's item / paper weight)
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei 35 Classic