Click Here

ROLLEI 35 MADE IN GERMANY OR MADE IN SINGAPOUR?

All you like to ask or tell about the famous Rollei 35 : the orginal Rollei 35 made in Germany , the 35 series made in Singapore and the German Classic

ROLLEI 35 MADE IN GERMANY OR MADE IN SINGAPOUR?

Postby sl66alonso » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:20 pm

HI EVERY ROLLEI FAN,
I'd like to know if anyone could be so kind to tell me the main differences between a Rollei 35 Made in Germany or made in Singapour. I've heared everything, German is better built, Tessar is better for black and white, quality in general is a little worse in Singapour... I don't know.
I'm not a collector, I want to use this camera at all.
I see that the Germans are more expensive, why?
I see Black ones are more expensive, why?.
I just wanna buy one of these little marvels just because i can't carry with my sl66 with me everywhere and becuase I wish to have one of this R'35 since some yearas ago, now i'm determined to get one!
Thank you so much for your help
sl66alonso
Respected member

Postby barrington » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 am

Hi Alonso

Please do not worry.There is no detectable difference between Germany and Singapore Rollei 35's.They are equally well made.Some people like to pay more for a Germany model just because of its place of origin.

As for whether it should be black or chrome finish then I find the chrome to be harder wearing than the black finish which is more prone to brassing.

I love my 35.Get one and you will love it forever.They are fantastic cameras.

Barrington
barrington
Serious member

got R'35 S

Postby sl66alonso » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Hello,
thank you for the information. after all those doubts i bought R'35 S :) it's blck, i like it more in this color if i can choose. so u say blck ones are less resistant on surface, then i'll have to take much care of it right?:) anyway it's coming now by post mail. i hope to enjoy of it soon.
thank you for your attention,

Fidel
sl66alonso
Respected member

Return to Rollei 35 Classic