[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Viewfinder • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Viewfinder

All you like to ask or tell about the famous Rollei 35 : the orginal Rollei 35 made in Germany , the 35 series made in Singapore and the German Classic

Viewfinder

Postby photonimbus » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:16 am

Hi,
I am new to rollei 35's and have a basic question. I have a 35SE, when I look through the viewfinder I see two sets of guides. A full guide on the outside and a partial guide on the inside which is shifted toward the lower right corner of the larger guide. What am I looking at? I am sort of particular about what I fill the frame with, esp the edges.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan
photonimbus
New here

Viewfinder

Postby rolleiclubleader » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:12 pm

The large frame is for distances from about 2 meter ( 6 feet) to infinity, the partial inset frame is for closer distances and provides a sort of paralax correction . When you point the camera to close subjects the use of inset frame forces you to focus the camera a bit off the viewfinder axis toward the taking lens axis. Good luck with this great lttle camera.
Jaap
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

thanks

Postby photonimbus » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:27 am

photonimbus
New here

Mercury battery

Postby rolleiclubleader » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:14 pm

rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

meter adapted for standard battery

Postby vfrazz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:23 pm

I see you're from the US. There is a repair shop in Englewood New Jersey: I think it is Krimar Photo Shop or Krimar Camera Shop. As soon as I got my Rollei 35s, I sent it to him for a CLA, and he also adjusted the meter to read correctly for the standard non-mercury battery (total cost was $125.00). My guess is that he'll do the adjustment alone for under $30.00. If you can't locate him, email me at vfrazz@tidewater.com and I'll dig out the complete address and phone number.
vfrazz
New here

Return to Rollei 35 Classic