Click Here

HFT WITH UV FILTER OR NOT?

All you like to ask or tell about the famous Rollei 35 : the orginal Rollei 35 made in Germany , the 35 series made in Singapore and the German Classic

HFT WITH UV FILTER OR NOT?

Postby sl66alonso » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 am

Is it necessary to use a UV filter on a Rollei 35 S Sonnar 2,8 HFT? I mean if the filter change the quality of image, if HFT is enough, protection of lens apart... I don't really know about this.
all comments are welcome, thanks
sl66alonso
Respected member

Postby fuwen » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:23 pm

For me I used filters (UV) for protection of the front lens element. I dun really see any issues with image quality. HFT is more for flare issue. UV removed by the filter should improve the image quality as the UV ray has some effect on film or slides.
Contax RTS III / Aria - Rolleiflex 3003 / SL66 - Rollei 35 RF / Voigtlander R4M // Zeiss T* / HFT / ZM
fuwen
Highly respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 am

The only reason to use UV filters on a Sonnar-equipped-Rollei-35 is to increase flare and maybe protect the front lens.

In the olden days the Tessar of the early Rollei 35 did let UV pass on to the film, later on a UV-absorbing lens cement was introduced ... so the UV filter turned into being a habbit only ;-)
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei 35 Classic