[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Rollei 35 (not 35 S or 35 SE) with Sonnar lens • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Rollei 35 (not 35 S or 35 SE) with Sonnar lens

All you like to ask or tell about the famous Rollei 35 : the orginal Rollei 35 made in Germany , the 35 series made in Singapore and the German Classic

Rollei 35 (not 35 S or 35 SE) with Sonnar lens

Postby zcetrt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi to all.

I just bought my first Rollei from an internet auction site. Since I don't want to spend too much money on my camera collection despite the Rollei 35 was my big wish, I risked a bit. I bid on Rollei 35 that was poorly photographed and poorly described as well. The only thing I was certain was that it is black and 35 model (not 35 S, 35 T or 35 SE).

However, when it arrived, it was in a decent condition - there is some wear on the black finish and some not critical dents on the housing, but the lens is as new since it was protected by the filter. The filter was also a reason that the front lens plate wasn't clearly visible in the add. And the lens was surprise: It's Sonnar 2,8.

I surfed the web a lot but I didn't find any picture or mention of Rollei 35 with Sonnar lens. Does anybody know anything about this combination? Is it possible that the lens was replaced? However, the aperture setting wheel also allows setting of F/2.8.

I have to say that the camera cost me 40 EUR so there is almost no chance that it was an intentional fake. The camera looks used since the advance lever has lost some finish, high shutter speeds sound accurate, lower speeds are a bit sticky.

The lens serial number is 2341071 and the body serial number is 3481120. The back is engraved "made by Rollei Singapore".

So far I figured out that the body serial number fits into Singapore made Rollei 35, but with Tessar (or S-Xenar) lenses. Is it true?

Can anybody help me determine my Rollei origin? Is it pristine or altered later? Is there any Sonnar serial number list with dates so I would be able to compare it with the body serial number?

Thank you for your help. I will be glad if anyone would share some thoughts with me about my Rollei 35.

Regards, Ziga.
zcetrt
New here

Postby jos4x4and6x6 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 am

Hi Ziga,

thats an interesting question, regarding your Rollei 35.
You are right, according to the serial number of the camera its a Singapore produced 35, made between 1971-1974.

Maybe some parts have been replaced!

Question: does the lens have Rollei-HFT coating ?

I don't think you paid too much for this camera.
Put a roll in it and take some pictures, its fun to use.

Greetings,
Jos.
jos4x4and6x6
Serious member

Postby zcetrt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:50 am

zcetrt
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 pm

JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Return to Rollei 35 Classic