[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 449: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A new Rollei collector... • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

A new Rollei collector...

Dicuss here the not in other forums listed Rollei cameras

A new Rollei collector...

Postby Jeff1972 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:52 am

Hello all,
This is my first post in here, I joined just before the forum update and so waited for it to settle down for a bit before I said hello.
Any way.. I am a new Rollei collector. I admit it. I have always liked older cameras, But never actually thought of getting one.
To make a long story short and keep the boredom away, With in the last few months I have acquired a few, And become infatuated with them.
It started with all things, A Heidoscop I got at the local flea market super extremely cheap. I knew about Stereo cameras from those stereo pictures in antique shops, but I had never ever seen a real camera. Yes it is missing the waist finder, and was missing the reflecting mirror(I replaced that) But all the other bits are there, leather, hinged lens cover and complete with case the yellow lenses, Stringed lens cover, And the shutter release cable. Even the key for lock for the case was in it. So I was off and running with the dire urge to restore this little beauty. My fanatical research led me to the TLR's
And then the purchase of my first slightly abused Rolleicord.
My 3rd camera is a almost pristine Rolleiflex with Compur Rapid Shutter, That came from a local antique shop that was tucked away in a hole in the wall. It was buried behind some old Kodak folding cameras. The seller thinks he got it in the late sixty's very early seventy's when he opened that shop up.
My 4th is a very abused Rolleicord that needed a good home.

I am looking forward to using my Rolleiflex. I want to send it to a reputable repair shop for a CLA. When it's cold it sticks a little, but when warm it works like a dream. I am not about to tackle that one my self. The 2 Rolleicords, The latter one is my learning tool on the compur shutter since it's in tatty shape, but the older one is the one I want to repair and use. The shutter works when it decides to. But my real main mission is to put the Heidoscop back to original condition,And in good working order, even if I can't actually use the cartridge system. The shutters and every thing work, But It does need a CLA. I want to repair them all right, and get cleaned properly.

Sorry if I bored you ..but it is difficult to curb my enthusiasm. Some guys have old cars they can go on about , me ..I now have cameras with a history behind them.Who knows where they have been, what they have seen and photographed, But now they have me.. a sort of caretaker of their little slice of history. I do have pictures of them and hope to share them soon once the forum is fully operational.
Jeff1972
New here

Re: A new Rollei collector...

Postby rolleiclubleader » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:32 am

Post some images of your Cameras if you like , in the condition as you found them would be most interesting !
Maybe I should create a new category :
"My Rollei Collection"
Heck .... Not Maybe ... doing it NOW !!
Jacob
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Return to Rollei Various cameras