[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Rollei 35RF • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Rollei 35RF

Dicuss here the not in other forums listed Rollei cameras

Rollei 35RF

Postby mikedk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:15 pm

Last edited by mikedk on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikedk

Postby JanBoettcher » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:46 am

JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby mikedk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:12 pm

mikedk

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:52 pm

JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby mikedk » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:46 am

mikedk

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:13 am

JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby mikedk » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:40 am

mikedk

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 am

JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby mikedk » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:40 am

I've just learned another trick to remove the hood from the lens. Keep the metal lens cap on. Twisting on this evenly distributes the force and also ensures that the hood remains perfectly circular, thus easing the removal.

(I have also acquired the trigger winder plus 2 Voigtlander lenses; 21mm and 75mm, to supplement the 40mm Rollei which was part of the kit.)
mikedk

Postby mikedk » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:45 am

Just out of curiosity, not long after buying my Rollei 35RF which has a R000xxx serial number, I wrote to Rollei to find out just how many of these cameras they produced. I received a courteous reply from their Manager Service & Logistics. The reply was "Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot find out the exact figure any more. The approximate quantity is 200 units." Being just a little surprised at the low figure, I replied asking was the number 200 a typing error; perhaps it was 2000. The answer was "For sure we did not reach the 2000 units by far. Unfortunately, after the restructuring of our company, there are no exact figures to be found any longer. Concerning the serial number of your camera body I know from experience, that some products were not given numbers starting from one but with some code." I still can't get my head such a low figure. Anyone any comments?
mikedk

Postby JanBoettcher » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 pm

mmmh, did you talk to a person at Rollei / Berlin or Franke&Heidecke / Braunschweig?

Judging from my camera's serial number (it doesn't look like a regular coded Rollei-number) my guess is they had more than 200.

Best,
Jan
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby mikedk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:24 am

mikedk

Postby fuwen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:47 pm

My brief experiences with the Rollei 35RF.

http://www.fuwen.net/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=115

But the 40mm Sonnar is very good!
fuwen
Highly respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 pm

nice!

What kind of lens is that black one on the far left? A Zeiss 15mm??? WoW!
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby fuwen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 am

U are right, it is the ZM 15/2.8 Distagon. I am crazy enough to buy it.

Nice lens though.
Contax RTS III / Aria - Rolleiflex 3003 / SL66 - Rollei 35 RF / Voigtlander R4M // Zeiss T* / HFT / ZM
fuwen
Highly respected member

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Nice ... indead ... I just got the "cheap" Voigtländer 4,5/15 and still am waiting to see how my first shots will come out.

For Rolleiflex QBM I got the 3,5/15 Distagon, so I wonder if a new lens (in a new system) will bring enough improvement to justify the investment ...

And since I have an old Minolta CLE 4/90 already, I'm relcutant to burn some cash for the 2,8/80mm Planar with Leica M (but somehow I feel the need).

Jan
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby fuwen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:42 pm

The Voigtlander 15mm should be a respectable lens.

Wow, the very rare QBM 15/3.5. Based on MTFs the ZM 15mm bits the SLR version hands down but probably will only be obvious at 8R enlargement. Light fall off wise SLR design is better off especially when stopped down. Distortion both about the same.

Hmmmm I am thinking also on the 80mm Plannar. U are refering to the Rollei version for 35RF right? But beyond 50mm I really prefer SLR. In fact for 35 and 50mm at f1.4 I also prefer SLR.
Contax RTS III / Aria - Rolleiflex 3003 / SL66 - Rollei 35 RF / Voigtlander R4M // Zeiss T* / HFT / ZM
fuwen
Highly respected member

Return to Rollei Various cameras