[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ever-Ready Cases • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

Ever-Ready Cases

Dicuss here the not in other forums listed Rollei cameras

Ever-Ready Cases

Postby Mike Genge » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 pm

One thing that sometimes prevents me from slinging a Rollei on my shoulder when I go out is the the lack of an ever-ready case - the cheap zipped pouches often supplied are fiddly and do not afford much protection, in fact many an old Rollei shows zip scratches.

The 3003 would benefit from something along the lines of the SL66 case, the simple curves of the QZ35 would easily slip into a traditional style leather ERC - even the cheapest Agfas and Zeniths came with a good solid case.

I'm proud of my collection of Rollei cameras - but I want to use them as well.
Am I alone in these thoughts? Would Rollei have a comment on this?
Mike Genge
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:03 pm

I am not sure which Rollei you are referring to but I find the TLR ever ready case to be useless. I have a Lowepro case instead. It has compartments variable with velcro dividers. I have a compartment that fits my 2.8F perfectly with another small compartment that fits the filter/Rolleinar case perfectly. Another compartment that holds 10 rolls of film, and another small compartment that holds my spot meter. Then there is a pouch on the front that holds individual filters, a Rollei flash cord, a cable release and a WLF since I keep a prism on the camera. There is room in a pouch on the back to hold paper or plane tickets and a pouch built into the top that also will hold paper or lens cleaning tissue and note pad and pen.

The Ever ready case is too bulky to fit into a case like I like and you have to take it off to change film. Plus the TLR is not comfortable hanging around my neck. I keep my Lowepro case strap over my shoulder and across my chest with the bag sort of behind me and I can reach around behind me to get stuff out without having to look into it because I know where everything is.

Plus the Everyready case comes apart at the seams.

That is my opinion.

D Purdy
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Mike Genge » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:15 pm

DPurdy, thanks for your contribution - like you, I sometimes find an equipment case is the best answer, particulary if you want to carry a few accessories around as well.

I hadn't made it clear, but my original posting was more about 35mm, for the times when the reason for being out and about is not photography, but you just want to have a camera on your neck in a protective but ever-ready type case, so the case can be flipped open and the camera brought quicky to the eye should the need arise.

Perhaps if the 3003 get a new lease of life with a digital magazine, then maybe Rollei might add a case into the accessory range!!

Mike
Mike Genge
Serious member

Postby 1dave » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 am

This chap may be able to help. I've bought several cases, half cases and i know he has made custom straps for Rollies, using the rollie clips.
http://www.leicatime.com/
Dave
1dave
Respected member

ever-ready cases

Postby khb8089 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:53 am

khb8089
New here

Postby manray » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 am

manray
Highly respected member

Return to Rollei Various cameras