[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
SL66/SLX-6008 digital back • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

SL66/SLX-6008 digital back

The previous announced study to see f a digital back for the Rolleiflex SL66 would be possible has ended. Unfortunately there was not enough interest to even consider a prototype. Other options to use at least the Rolleiflex SL66 lenses are still in research. If any development arise I will post it here. Thanks to all those of you who responded so enthusiast , I am sorry it did not lead the hopeful results. THANKS !

SL66/SLX-6008 digital back

Postby manda » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 pm

manda
Serious member

Digital Square

Postby rolleiclubleader » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 pm

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Postby manda » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 pm

manda
Serious member

Postby sienkin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:20 am

sienkin
Respected member

Postby fuwen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 pm

Contax RTS III / Aria - Rolleiflex 3003 / SL66 - Rollei 35 RF / Voigtlander R4M // Zeiss T* / HFT / ZM
fuwen
Highly respected member

Postby Siraldenn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 am

Siraldenn
Serious member

Postby rolleiclubleader » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Postby sienkin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 am

sienkin
Respected member

Postby rolleiclubleader » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Postby Siraldenn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:26 am

Siraldenn
Serious member

Postby rolleiclubleader » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Just a brief update now :
Extensive 'BrainStorming' has lead us to a basic design concept:
The SL66 DB will be as functional as the camera it self. No bells or whistles, as if you are shooting with film . The aesthetics of the camera will remain unchanged. The imaging output will blow the 'competition' away, our development team owns several digital imaging patents, until now only available to very specific scientific applications, they incorporate a range of image quality improvements unheard off in the normal photographic world, some of those will be incorporated in our design.
Please register your interest by replying to this forum post so we can keep you informed about the developments.
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

SL66 digital back

Postby Siraldenn » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:14 am

Sounds like a winner, keep up the great work.
Siraldenn
Serious member

Postby sienkin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:56 am

:) This looks like a great start. I'm really looking forward to the coming developments, and will postpone my decision about upgrading my Blad, in case I can get comparable or even better quality and features for my SL66E, which is a superior camera.
sienkin
Respected member

Postby droebbel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:01 pm

This sounds fantastic. I am perfectly fine with "no bells and whistles", as long as some kind of display doesn't count as such...
As for image quality: for me, the "normal" level of current DBs would suffice, at least in terms of resolution - I for myself would't want to pay more than necessary for DB that only shows its potential in certain situations with the s-planar.
droebbel
New here

Postby manda » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:02 am

well, well, definitely this is going to be interesting..i start paraying for the cost factor to be kept under control... and i do am interested!
manda
Serious member

Postby john_s » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm interested. The landscape/portrait facility on a 40mm x 55mm sensor would be almost as good as 6x6 ends up being most of the time. Keep me posted.
john_s
New here

Postby Albert Barnes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:47 am

Please add me to the list of the interested persons (have a SL66E and SE)

Regards
Albert
Albert Barnes
New here

Postby liac » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:11 am

liac
Respected member

Postby rolleiclubleader » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Postby liac » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:21 pm

liac
Respected member

Postby aypeyret » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 am

Sounds like a very interesting project. Certainly not something I can afford as a student, but I am very interested in a solution for my 6008 that I will be able to afford later.

One idea to keep costs low, if it has not been patented... I have a 14 year old digital camera (Agfa Actioncam, similar to Minolta RD-175) that is ~1.5MP, a lot for its time. However, they managed to keep the costs lower than it would have been by not using 1 sensor with 1.5MP, but 3 sensors with .5MP, each of them slightly shifted with respect to the others so that merging all three .5MP images could give a 1.5MP. I do not know if that could be applied to a digital back today, or if that idea is definitely a technology of the past...
aypeyret
Respected member

Postby edwinb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 am

edwinb
Respected member

digital back for 6008i

Postby Rollei user » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:23 am

Count me in.
I'm keen to have a digital back for my 6008i. I love using it, as I love my Sony A900 and Leica M6 - each is great at its own job. But a digital back would make me use my Rollei more.
Please admin could we have a list of what is available at present from Phase One, Imacon or whatever.
Thanks for invaluable service.
Tom
Rollei user
New here

Postby rolleiclubleader » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 am

Currently none of the big Digital manufacturers offer a solution for our beloved SL66. That is why I searched a specialized DB maker. Found one but as it looks now it is a dead end. To expensive and to little numbers to make it economical. I am now searching and perhaps found ... an option to use the lenses for digital anyway. This would keep the camera as it is and have an extra system with our lenses for digital. Stay tuned !!
Jaap
Edmund Burke
rolleiclubleader
Site Admin

Postby awildhaber » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 am

Yes I am interested. Whether I can afford it, is another question.

Thanks and Regards,

Alexander
awildhaber
New here

Next

Return to Rolleiflex SL66 6006 6008 Digital Back