Click Here

Brand new to Rollei's

Tell what you expect of the Rolleiclub on the www. This helps us with site development.
Use the appropriate category. Often we notice camera discussions in the wrong category. Assisting to do so keeps the forum more transparent to visitors searching a specific topic.

Brand new to Rollei's

Postby Dot » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi
I have just inherited a Rolleiflex, which was my Fathers. I have no idea if it is functional, as I do not know how to use it. Now I have found this website, I will try to identify which model it is, but in the meantime......what sort of film does it need and where would I get it from?
:?
Any help and advise VERY welcome!
Dot
New here

Postby Lordcroker » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:33 pm

Welcome to the Rollei club! Your Father obviously had a good taste in cameras and lucky you for inheriting it!

You can find out exactly what model you have by checking the serial number against this list -

[url]http://home.worldonline.dk/rongsted/Rolleisn.htm[/url]

Once you know the model we will be able to give you more tailored instructions in how to use it, or perhaps better still you might be able to find scans of the original instruction manual online. It's amazing whats out there!

Rollei's generally take 120 film, which is still available in as wide a variety as 35mm. Your local branch of Jessops should have a good stock. If not an online retailer like MX2 or 7dayshop will be able to supply you with some.

Some Rollei's took 127 film and are easily identifiable by the fact that they have a 60mm lens rather than a 75 or 80.
127 is not generally available anymore, but I think that there are a couple of black and white films still made by a firm called Maco.
Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk.? Edward Weston
Lordcroker
Respected member

Postby Dot » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:10 pm

Many thanks for that information.
I'll have a look for a serial number tonight.......any idea where will I find it? :?
Dot
New here

Postby Lordcroker » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:05 pm

The serial number is usually found somewhere on the Rolleiflex name plate.
The earlier ones mostly had the number underneath the Rolleiflex name on the front face of the plate and the later ones mostly had them on the top surface of the same plate.
The Rolleiflex T however has the serial number underneath the taking lens on the front face of the lens panel.
Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk.? Edward Weston
Lordcroker
Respected member

Return to RolleiClub discussion