Click Here

Rolleiflex enamel

Ask for and/or share repair advice. Maybe you miss a small part , ask for it here and someone may turn up with that rare missing shuttertriggerknobeyewasherscrew.... or so :-)
Tell us your Rollei repairers addresses. Every now and agian we will copy submitted adresses into the repairers database.

Rolleiflex enamel

Postby TMcGartland » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I can recall sending a Rolleiflex 3,5f to Rollei UK in London some 20 years ago for a service. When the camera came back it had also received a 'touch up' of any of the areas where the enamelling was worn.

I spoke to the service department and asked what method they used to touch up cameras and they said they use black car aerosol paints. They simply sprayed a little black paint into a pot and brushed it on. They chose car paints because they dried quickly.

Has anyone ever touched up a camera, what paint did they use and would they recommend it. I personally don't think touching up is a good idea unless there are very minor blemises.

No doubt, I'll get some 'expected' responses.
TMcGartland
New here

Postby kivivuori » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:28 am

Hi,

Maybe you should try Tetenal Kameralack if you can still find it. I have a same problem with my "new" 3.5 F which dosen`t look nice but lenses are excellent.

I believe they can help you (at least I´m going to oder if they still have it):

http://www.lumiere-shop.de/index.php?pa ... &info=4561

BR,

Esa Kivivuori
Finland
less IS more
kivivuori
Serious member

Return to Repair