[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I want to sell my Father's Baby 4x4 • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

I want to sell my Father's Baby 4x4

All our Babies please meet here !! Share your little wisdom with other babies. Tell the secret places to get 127 film. Just support each other to keep your baby Rolleiflex alive !!

I want to sell my Father's Baby 4x4

Postby MichaelAngelo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 am

My father passed away in 2002 and left me his Baby Rolliflex. I know absolutely nothing about it except that it takes great 127 format pictures. The slides and photos of my childhood are incredible. I don't know where the serial number is on the camera. There is a number inside the film bay.
83-109
Could someone please help me by letting me know where to post this camera and how much I should sell it for. It is in great condition and has a DeJor Photoelectric Exposure Meter. He had a flash attachment too but it has been misplaced. It may turn up.

Thank you,
Michael Angelo
MichaelAngelo
New here

Postby MichaelAngelo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:42 am

Any help would be appreciated
MichaelAngelo
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:47 am

Just make your post look like you did some research on your own before you asked here ...
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby MichaelAngelo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:47 am

Oh... so joining this group to get some help was a mistake? I wanted some help to get information about my baby rollei and I have to pretend I already know what I am talking about before anyone will help me here? Jan, if you are a representation of the kind of people in this club, then I want no part of The Rolleiclub. I run a site that teaches chess for kids and adults. I would never expect anyone to have to make their post or emails look like they have done the research before asking any question.

I have researched a lot about the camera. But asking here apparently required me to give you detailed information as to how much I already know before getting help. There is no obvious post anywhere that I could find to tell me where the serial number is on my Dad's camera. I had to watch a Korean Youtube video to figure that one out when the seller was showing how the camera worked and twice he zoomed in on the top front of the hood and there was the serial number.

Dad took very good care of this Rollei and it has huge sentimental value. But I have had to sell it to help feed my family in these hard times. I have the pictures it took and they will keep his memory alive more than the camera.

I hope you and your Rollei club appreciate each other since a new member has to be someone who has enough knowledge, money and desire to keep owning a Rollei to be here.
MichaelAngelo
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 am

Michael,
within the Rollei Club site there is a list of models http://www.rolleiclub.com/cameras/tlr/i ... _TLR.shtml

Browsing through the list you will discover different 4x4 Baby Rolleis.

I don't know wether joining the club was a good move or not, I just gave an advice based on my experience. It seems to work in several www places where you find "experts" - next to no amount of own search is needed in places where you find talkative people with next to no knowledge.

As soon as we know, what model you have, we can give an educated guesstimate regarding the camera's fair value. Up to that point all we can say is: Make a nice looking ebay-auction starting a $1 and run it up the flag pole (and usually I charge $100 for this advice because it is worth it).
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby MichaelAngelo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 am

Jan,
Sorry I was hot under the collar. Just not used to being told I need to know something before I can ask about it. The number on Dad's Rollei is 2046144 so I am guessing it is a 1957 model. It is in excellent condition with no scratches or dings. The Paint is clean without any flaking and actually looks almost new for a 54 year old camera. Everything works. Lens cap and an Adams Pocket Flash Gun with batteries...(Probably Dead). Original box and Manuals. In my own research I found out how to load the camera and the general use guides for taking good pictures. I would love to keep this camera and since I managed to sell my old Volvo and got the emergency cash I needed to get past a minor financial crisis I am planning on holding off selling her. Knowing it's value would be nice but knowing proper storage and perhaps even finding a local camera club in Los Angeles that might find a young teen who is interested in antique photography I would be willing to give her a good home at a very reduced rate. My Dad turned me on to photography when i was young and bought me an Olympus OM1 for my 20th birthday. Since then I have been shooting mostly Insects and Arachnids. I am in the digital world now with an Olympus EVolt 500 and loving the shoot anything for free cause you can trash it. The quality sometimes exceeds what I was able to do in 35mm. Sometimes not.
Perhaps what you may not understand why I have such an attachment for this camera can be explained this way. I was adopted by my American Parents in 1960 when my Dad was stationed at Travis AFB in Madrid Spain. Dad took the first known pictures of me with his Rollei. As I look at the slides and prints back then I saw the love a new parent has for a child. I miss my Dad and connect with him through these pictures. Kodak moments that I can pass down to my children and grandchildren.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Michael Angelo
MichaelAngelo
New here

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 am

Hi Michael,
no need to explain the (emotional) value of Dad's camera.

Around here (Germany) the grey Babies go around 150;- Euro. Nice condition & some accessories? Make that 200,- Euro, junkish they go below 100,-..

A manual? Here:
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rollei/rol ... rd_4x4.htm

These days there aren't too many 4cm roll films "127" available.
http://www.ebay.de/sch/Fotografischer-F ... 86.c0.m283

The efke stuff is new material
http://www.ebay.de/itm/EFKE-R-100-SW-TY ... 0628719093
and there should be some newish color material on the market too.

Sohhhh, do get a roll or two and take a few pics of your family!
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby Guppstah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:14 pm

'Old Standard' 622 in daily use.
Baby 4x4 in occasional use, when I can buy film.
Guppstah
Serious member

Return to 4 x 4 , The Baby Rolleiflex