Click Here

Rollei 6002 Instruction Manual and Help request

My favourite tool of the trade was the Rolleiflex 6008. The Rolleiflex SLX , 6006 , 6008 and 6002 , including the 6008 AF , all those still very modern Rolleiflexes have their own home in the forum.

Rollei 6002 Instruction Manual and Help request

Postby maramao » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Everybody! Recently I got last week a Rollei 6002 in what seems to be very good conditions but without instruction manual. I have not experience at all photo and cameras but I really love this 6002, it is a big emotion for me to handle it and I would like to UTILIZE it. Does anybody have a copy of the instruction manual of this camera? Another question: the battery charger is the G Charger Unit and, if I'm not wrong it has only one green light. I put on it the battery and the green light immediately turned on. Now it is one hour that the battery is on and the light is still green. Is it normal? Could anyone please explain me what does the green light mean? How can I understand that the battery is fully charged?
I would appreciate if somebody could help me a very ignorant but very enthusiastic new owner of a Rollei 6002.
M.
maramao
Serious member

Re: Rollei 6002 Instruction Manual and Help request

Postby JanBoettcher » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:09 am

The charger's green light says "I'm operating".

The 6002 was kind of a budget version of the 6006. One of the budgety solutions was to include a "slow" charger that takes 12hours to charge the NiCad battery.
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby maramao » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:26 am

Dear Jan, thanks a lot for your explanation. I'm afraid the battery is too old (about 18 - 20 years): last night remained in charge for 12 hours and after that the camera could do only one shot, and after that the red light turned on inside the camera and that's it! . Could anybody suggest me where and which kind of battery pack I could buy?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion/indication.
M.
maramao
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:25 pm

You could try regular Rollei dealers for "new" batteries,
eBay for "used but still usefull" batteries,
search for replacement cells or replacement service (NiCad, Nimh, ...).

In any case, make sure, the fuse from your battery gets transferred, so you don't end up with a 1,5A fuse from a 6008 battery or so ...

Where are you located?
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby maramao » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:09 am

Thanks a lot Jan, if I have well understood your message you mean that if I buy a new battery it must have the same power like the previous one (1000 mA) and therefore I have to keep the same fuse, correct?
I am located in Italy.
M
maramao
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:07 am

The fuse is there to protect your camera from too much current.

The SLX used/needed 0,8A, lter models had ... (I'd have to look it up).

So, if your camera encounters a condition drawing too much / a lot of current, the 0,8A fuse may blow too early for a 6008 and the 1,25A (or whatever) fuse from a 6008 battery may not be able to protect your camera from frying its circuitry.

I do not know how normal people manage to blow the fuse. One way is to rewind film and use it again, the other way is to use a scan-control remote designed for the 6008 SRC 1000 on an SLX/6002/6006 ...

Italy ... hmh, sorry, I do not know anybody in that area supplying "recelling", but on eBay one may find offers from other places around the world (and DHW of Braunschweig will provide a solution for sure).
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby maramao » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:50 am

Hi Jan,
thanks at first for your clarification! I brought both the charger and the battery to a special shop where they, hopefully, should be able to prepare a new battery pack. As soon as I have their reply or, if I receive the new battery pack I will inform you.
Anyhow if I am lucky and everything goes well which kind of film could you suggest me, ? Please note that even if this 6002 is very very interesting for me I have 0 (zero) experience in photography, I need a film for very first beginners, even if proud owner of Rollei 6002.
Thanks for your attention.
M
maramao
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:54 am

Film? Ask three experts, get five opinions ;-)

My suggestion is to get color slide film. It will reveal any trouble ...
others will recommend color negative or Ilford XP2 (C42 B&W film) because it is more forgiving and you will get "halfways decent" results quick (but it takes longer to detect and eliminate gear trouble or personal errors).
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby maramao » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 am

Thanks again Jan, as soon as my camera is ready (I hope!!!) I will start as per your suggestion and also I will take note of aperture value, environement light conditions and shutter speed per each shot.
Could anybody give his impression about 3.5 80 mm lens that is on my Rollei 6002. Do you have any particular suggetsion regarding this lens?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion/comment.
M
maramao
Serious member

Postby maramao » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:01 am

Hi Everybody,
today I went and got from the shop the battery pack with the new batteries. At home I begun reding the instruction manual and starting operating my Rollei 6002.
Unfortunately I realised that when I select the shutter speed at say 4 sec. actually the real speed is 5 sec.; when I select the shutter speed at 15 sec. the real speed is about 18 sec.; when I select the shutter speed at 30 sec. actually the real speed is about 35 sec.
I utilized a chronometer.
I was very happy with the new battery pack and had planned to start making pictures tomorrow saturday but it seems impossible!!!!
Could anybody help me please?
Thanks in advance
M
maramao
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:27 am

I'd try to ignore the difference as good as possible and shoot anyway. If the results appear poor one could get the camera repaired ... if the results are OK, everything is fine.
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby maramao » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:04 am

Hi Jan,
thanks for your kind reply; I apologize for my late reply but for some weeks I did not connect to the forum. I shooted my first film 120 last week and hopefully in a few days I should receive the photos.
I tried the remote control MRC 120 that has 1 selector (for Single Exposure and Multiple Exposures) and 2 switches: 1 for mirror and 1 for start. When I push the ''start'' switch the camera shoots normally; when I push the ''mirror'' switch the camera operates only the mirror that remains ''closed'', I mean that looking into the viewfinder everything is dark and you can't see anything. In order to ''see'' again through the viewfinder I have to shoot one picture pressing '' start'' switch. What is the use of ''mirror'' switch?
Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Best regards
M
maramao
Serious member

Postby maramao » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:45 am

I apologize but I have another question: Is Rollei 6002 an Exposure Priority or an Aperture Priority camera? Could somebody please clarify this to me?
Thanks in advance
M
maramao
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:34 am

The camera has time priority.

The idea behind the "mirror prerelease" (Spiegelvorauslösung) is to put the camera on a tripod, release the mirror, wait a moment so the camera does not shake anymore and fire the shutter.
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby maramao » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:03 am

Thanks a lot Jan for your kind clarifications.
I shot my first pictures (Kodak T Mx b/w) and out of 12 I could get only 6 pictures!!! My experience , as you can understend, is 0 (zero), therefore I am not in a position to make any comment. Just one personal opinion: it seems to me that the pictures are very ''soft'', I don't know any other way to explain my feeling-
The result was absolutely poor but looking inside the waist level finder is absolutely fantastic!!! Also going to the photograph shop and wait for some days
before the pictures are ready gives a very special feeling.
I would like to thank everybody for the suggetions received letting me beginning this very rich experience!!
Thanks again and best regards.
M
maramao
Serious member

Return to Rolleiflex SLX and 6000 series