[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 565: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
In from the cold ... • the International Rollei Club
Click Here

In from the cold ...

Tell what you expect of the Rolleiclub on the www. This helps us with site development.
Use the appropriate category. Often we notice camera discussions in the wrong category. Assisting to do so keeps the forum more transparent to visitors searching a specific topic.

In from the cold ...

Postby wjleadbetter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:41 am

wjleadbetter
Serious member

Rollei 2.8F availability

Postby Fernando Sor » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:31 am

Fernando Sor
Serious member

Re: Rollei 2.8F availability

Postby wjleadbetter » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:18 am

wjleadbetter
Serious member

Thanks for the Rollei 2.8 reply......

Postby Fernando Sor » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:52 am

Fernando Sor
Serious member

Re: Thanks for the Rollei 2.8 reply......

Postby wjleadbetter » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:06 am

wjleadbetter
Serious member

Postby DPurdy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:37 am

I am not sure why you would have trouble finding one for sale if you go to ebay. I have gotten 3 Fs off ebay. two years ago I got a very late 2.8F in the 295xxxx serial number series with the Xenotar lens and I loved it (still do) so much that I started tracking all the 295xxxx serial number 2.8Fs that came up on ebay. I was surprised to count 61 of them came up in 2 years!! And that is just the 295 serial number. There are far more that come up with older serial numbers. so I would say that with a little time spent on ebay and the willingness to pay for it you could find an F if you wanted. The last one I got was for a friend who has no internet connection. I found him a 2.8F Planar in mint minus condition for 850 USD. That was amazingly cheap and lucky to find from a seller who made a poorly done ad.

DPurdy
DPurdy
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Finding the right Rolleiflex

Postby wjleadbetter » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:28 pm

Yes, of course I have visited eBay, however, I can't say I like the experience. I am more than happy to pay a fair price for anything I buy but on the very few occassions I have tried eBay within the last hours of the auction there has been remarkably strong activity on the item I have been attempting to purchase ... so much so that I suspect the validity of (some of) the bids. I know that eBay have rules against such things however I remain suspicious of it as a means of purchasing for this reason. Unfortunately it is, as you say, one of the main sources for things Rollei! As you can imagine from this I have lost the bids I have made but this may also be down to lack of knowledge of technique in using this type of auction site. Suffice it to say that there are bound to be items to tempt me and your positive experience would tempt me to try again. I have to admit that though being very computer literate, as far as purchases go I very much belong to the old school ... going up to the counter and putting ones money on the table for the item required for purchase! :?
wjleadbetter
Serious member

Return to RolleiClub discussion