Click Here

Any opinions of the current Rollei Apogon 90 2.4 lens?

When I was about 14 years of age my dad bought a new slide projector, that is some 40 odd years ago, it was a Rollei made by Franke and Heidecke, the projector is still functional and still in the family! F & H is about the last company today that stll makes high quality projectors. As requested by one forum member , this forum is more than appropriate !

Any opinions of the current Rollei Apogon 90 2.4 lens?

Postby wolfee » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:03 am

I gather from Sniedermair's post, this is the lens he was raving about. Does anyone have any experience with it? Will I see a big difference between it and the Heidsomat 85? The only new stock I can find is from European dealers. Anybody know a USA source?
wolfee
Serious member

Postby JanBoettcher » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi,
the lowest grade is the old Heidosmat 2,8/85, followed by the better "MC" version.
The 2,4/90 was a major improvement (sorry, I don't know the subtle differences of the so or so labeled 2,4/90 lenses).
Regarding the "thread", please take a look into your projector and take a guess ... I think the 2,4/90 will fit ;-)
Best,
Jan
JanBoettcher
Rolleiclub Senior Member

Postby wolfee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Thanks. Looking inside the projector there is simply a small tab poking into the lens thread at a single point. Clearly the rate of spiral is not an issue. It just determines how much the lens extends per revolution. I'll go ahead and order it from Germany. Even if my US Dollars are nearly worthless there now!
wolfee
Serious member

Rollei projectors

Postby Bill » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 pm

I have a Rolleivision 66 with a 3.5/150 MC lens. Other markings on it read - S-He idosmat.

I need two belts for the pulley's that move the slides. Mine broke. I bought it in 1991. It's a very nice projector.

Bill
Bill
Respected member

Exchange rate

Postby Bill » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Hello wolfee - I was in South Hampton, UK in 1991 and it took 2 US dollars to buy one British Pound. I think it only takes about 1.6 US to buy the Pound now. I don't remember what the exchange rate was for the German Mark or if the Euro was around at that time. I do remember that I priced the Rollei in England and found it less expensive to buy the camera in the States even with the poor exchange rate. So I purchased it here in the USA. Go figure.

Bill
Bill
Respected member

Return to All Rollei slide projectors